Skin blemishes are often a cause for concern in both men and women as they see themselves as flawed in a way. Women tend to hide them behind concealer makeups while men make do with astringent and other creams to minimize the appearance of blemishes. But did you know that there are a lot of ways for you to reduce blemishes on your skin?
From the food that you eat to your daily habits, here are some known ways to keep blemishes at bay.
- Eat healthy. One of the best ways to remove blemishes is to make healthy changes to your diet. Go for foods that contain omega-3 fatty acids, proteins, fiber, as well as vitamins and minerals like whole grains, fruits, lean meat, and vegetables. Get more vitamin C into your system as this can help boost your immune system which prevents toxins and free radicals from harming your body.
- Minimize sun exposure. The sun’s rays can cause acne to flare up as well as damage your skin because of ultraviolet rays. If you want to get rid of blemishes, you should reduce your exposure to the sun or at least wear protection like hat or scarf. This way, you will be able to prevent the sun from doing more harm to your skin when you’re out.
- Use rosewater. Rosewater is good for treating blemishes as it has antibacterial properties that can kill off any bacteria that may be lingering in your pores. This particular ingredient can help soothe your skin especially after spending some time outside. You can mix it with some lavender oil or spray it on your face to nourish your skin. What’s great about rosewater is that it is gentle on the skin so you can use it repeatedly.
- Potatoes can help. Another way to diminish blemishes quickly is to rub some potato on the affected area. You can also apply potato juice on the damaged areas to reduce the appearance of blemishes fast.
- Apply egg whites. When it comes to removing blemishes, the sulfur found in egg whites can do the trick. The best part is that the egg whites can help tighten your skin so that there will be less chance of blemishes occurring. You only need to whisk egg whites and water then apply on your face. Keep the mask on your face for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing with cool water. For those with oily skin, use this treatment at least twice a week to improve your skin’s condition.
- Treat blemishes with aloe vera. This particular treatment has already been tried and tested time and time again and has been proven to be quite effective when it comes to treating blemishes. To make this treatment work its magic even better, just add 3 to 4 capsules of vitamin E to it to complete the nourishing effect while healing your skin.
- Honey is good for you. Here’s another sure fire way to get rid of blemishes in your skin. Honey is known not only to whiten the skin but can also remove blemishes and blackheads. The antibacterial property found in honey can kill the germs in your skin quickly so that your skin will start to repair itself immediately.
- Practice good hygiene. One of the easiest ways to minimize the appearance of blemishes is to practice good hygiene daily. Use a mild cleanser to get rid of debris and oil that may clog your pores. Skip hard scrubs as they can inflame your skin even further. By keeping your skin dirt and oil free, you will be able to minimize the chances of blemishes from appearing.