Love handles, or the excess fat found along the sides of your midsection, can ruin your overall look as the excess fats break the line of your dress or top making you look bigger than usual. Compared to belly fat, love handles are a threat to your beauty not your health but this doesn’t mean that you should just leave it alone. You still need to address the presence of love handles in your body to minimize your health risk. Fortunately, you can start melting your love handles by choosing the right kinds of food.
- Sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are perfect for burning belly fat because they are considered as kings of slow carbs. This means that they are digested slowly which prolongs your feeling of satiety while at the same time, keep your energy levels balanced.
- Black rice. This rice was also referred to as the “forbidden rice” as it was only served to the emperor. What’s great about this food is that it is high in antioxidants, fiber, as well as vitamin E. The best part is that it is low in sugar content so you don’t have to worry about calorie consumption.
- White tea. White tea works in three ways to burn away those stubborn fats in your midsection. First, it can breakdown the fats that have already accumulated in and around your belly. Second, it has the ability to prevent formation of fat cells. And lastly, it can boost your liver function so that it will transform the fats in your body into energy to help fuel you throughout the day.
- Black beans. Another food that can help you melt your love handles is black beans. Aside from being low in fat, black beans have been found to be high in fiber which keeps them from being digested too fast. This is why they can stay longer in your belly so you won’t be feeling hungry any time soon. Another plus to eating black beans is that they can prevent fat from accumulating in your body so you might want to consider adding this to your list of foods to snack on.
- Corn tortillas. Tortillas are great for satisfying your hunger but go for corn tortillas as they are lower in calorie content. Corn tortillas have 80 calories, 3 grams of fiber, and 1 gram of fat. This isn’t that bad considering that flour tortillas have three times the amount of calories with few fiber in them.
- Guacamole. Guacamole is high in monounsaturated fat as well as fiber making it a good choice for your diet to lose your love handles. Eating half a cup of guacamole can already deliver up to 7 grams of fiber as long as you don’t put too much sour cream on it.
As you can see, eating the right kinds of food can actually help make your love handles disappear. It’s just a matter of finding which foods to serve during meal times to ensure that you’re giving your body the boost it needs to eliminate stubborn fats.