Do you use tons of filters when posting selfies because you have humungous clogged up pores? You really don’t have to get your hands on an expensive tube of peel off mask or head to the nearest spa. That’s because you can step foot in your kitchen and whip up your very own beauty solution that can zap those blackheads and cleanse your pores. Below you will find a couple of super easy and extremely effective peel off mask recipes!
Both recipes are actually easy to make. The first one requires you to get your hands on a couple of ingredients, both of which are very much likely to be already within your easy reach. The other recipe calls for a total of 3 ingredients, but there is no need to fret especially if you’re into herbal teas — one of the key ingredients may already be in your pantry.
What’s so nice about coming up with your own peel off mask is you can rest assured that your skin won’t be touched by any strong and irritating chemical. Especially if your goal is to improve your skin, you certainly wouldn’t apply anything on it that could cause irritation and breakouts, would you? That’s the beauty of DIY beauty solutions — they usually rely on all-natural ingredients, giving you utmost peace of mind that you will definitely look better afterwards!
Excited to get rid of those annoying blackheads and purify your pores at the same time? Continue reading to learn how to make your own peel off mask in a couple of ways!
Peel Off Mask #1
This DIY peel off mask is great for eliminating blackheads and at the same time healing and nourishing your skin, thanks to the loads of protein it supplies. Since you can make this peel off mask in a snap, it’s one of the nicest stress-busting activities that you may do at the end of a very tiring day. Here’s how it’s made:
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cow’s milk
- 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of fresh cow’s milk and 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin.
- Heat in the microwave for about 5 seconds, and then stir. Heat again for 5 seconds and give it a good stir once more. Repeat as many times as possible until the unflavored gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Allow to cool for a while. Before you smear this DIY peel off mask, apply a little on the back of your hand first in order to make sure that it won’t burn your skin.
Peel Off Mask #2
This homemade peel off mask is a tad challenging to make because it requires 3 ingredients, one of which has to be steeped in boiling water first. However, the result can be really impressive — it removes blackheads while zapping microbes and soothing tired and irritated skin. Here’s how to make it:
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teabag of mint tea
- 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin
- Steep the teabag of mint tea in a cup of boiling water for several minutes.
- Place a tablespoon of freshly-brewed mint tea in a small microwavable bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- If the unflavored gelatin and turmeric powder do not seem to dissolve, heat the mixture in the microwave for about 5 seconds, and the stir very well. If necessary, repeat.
- Make sure that the DIY peel off mask is not scalding hot. Place a little of it on the back of your hand. If no longer hot, feel free to apply on your face.
Application and Removal
While waiting for the DIY peel off mask of your choice, wash your face thoroughly with soap and water. Pat dry and apply your peel off mask, avoiding the eye and lips. Allow it to dry for 10 to 30 minutes, or until your face feels really taut.
Using your fingernails, gently lift the top portion of the mask. Peel off the entire mask in one go. Rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat dry.