Although drinking beer isn’t good for the body, many are still downing several glasses of it especially when the weekend comes around as they want to relax and have a good time with friends. But drinking one glass too many can lead to a nasty hangover the following day which can wreak havoc not only to your health but your day as you will feel out of sorts. Fortunately, you can treat hangover with some herbal treatments so you will feel right as rain in no time.
Beat Your Hangover with These Remedies
Hangovers can cause headaches, nausea, and vomiting plus you will feel sluggish throughout the day. If you want to get rid of its symptoms, try these herbal cures immediately.
- Ginger. If your main enemy after drinking hard is nausea then ginger will be your best friend as this herb as its strong aroma can minimize the pain and nausea associated with drinking heavily. You don’t have to take ginger as is but it can be steeped with raw honey to make it more appealing to the palate.
- Peppermint. Although this herb can’t prevent hangover, it still comes in handy especially when it comes to easing the sour taste in the stomach. Peppermints can help soothe your stomach by reducing the amount of acids present. What’s more, peppermint is a known anti-inflammatory which is perfect for your digestive system after a night of drinking.
- Aloe juice. The problem with drinking too much alcohol is that it can cause a massive turmoil in your belly causing you to feel nauseas, lightheaded, and even vomiting on occasions. Add to this the massive headache waiting for you the next day and you know that you need to get help and fast. When it comes to healing or preventing hangovers, one of the best treatments to try is aloe juice. The juice from the aloe vera plant can help coat the lining of your stomach to reduce inflammation and to help settle the acids down. If you can drink it straight, do so. On the other hand, you can just mix it with coconut water or any non-acidic liquid so you can drink it easily.
- Milk thistle. This particular herb is often used for cleansing the liver which is important especially when you’ve been drinking a lot. Milk thistle can boost the production of glutathione which can help your liver in metabolizing alcohol in your system. If the amount of glutathione isn’t enough, you will feel the full effects of excessive drinking.
- Wasabi bath treatment. Wasabi is often paired with sushi and it can pack quite a powerful punch in terms of taste. But did you know that wasabi can actually help treat hangovers? This particular herb can boost blood circulation so your organs can perform at their best while at the same time help your cell tissues in order to get rid of the toxins present. Look for a wasabi bath treatment that you can soak into to treat the effects of hangover.
- Turmeric. Turmeric is well known for its ability to metabolize alcohol in the liver to reduce the effects of hangover. It also helps soothe the stomach so you won’t have to feel the effects of nausea. Turmeric is also effective in bringing balance to your digestive system including reducing the production of bile.
With these herbal cures, you won’t have to suffer from hangovers the following day. If you can’t minimize your alcohol intake, it would be a good idea to remember these remedies as they can help keep hangovers at bay so you will still be able to function normally after a night of drinking.