Stress is always part of our daily lives. From our house to our work, to dealing with our families and friends, we get stressed from time to time. Although stress can be handled by many, there are those who are suffering from severe stress which is one of the reasons they often experience stress-related issues like headaches, anxiety, stomach ache and the like. Fortunately, stress can be managed at home with the help of essential oils.
For those who are wondering which essential oils can help them combat stress, here are some options to add to your list.
- Lavender. Lavender is one of the best essential oils that you can use to treat anxiety and stress. If you are suffering from headaches, depression, migraine, anxiety, fear and other stress related issues, you can use lavender to soothe your nerves and mind. This way, you will be able to minimize your stress levels so you will be able to function better.
- Chamomile. Here’s another essential oil that can help fight stress any time because of its calming and soothing effects. Inhaling its scent from a diffuser or when added to one’s bath water can trigger the right hormones that will aid you in achieving a calmer state of mind. Even drinking chamomile tea can have some amazing health benefits to you.
- Frankincense. Too much stress can lead to rapid breathing and elevated heart rate which in turn can lead to fear and anxiety attacks. Inhaling the scent of frankincense essential oil can help bring your breathing back to normal so that your stress levels will go down. Once your breathing normalizes, your anxiety attacks or stress levels will disappear.
- Lemon. Another essential oil that is known to fight off stress is lemon. Lemon is known for its vitamin C content that can help boost one’s immune system but aside from this, this particular essential oil can actually combat negative feelings such as fear, depression, anxiety, and stress. This is why, if you’re feeling down in the dumps, diffusing some lemon oil mixed with carrier oil is highly recommended. For sure, you’ll be feeling right as rain in no time.
- Rose. The scent of rose essential oil can certainly uplift one’s mood so if you’re feeling a bit stressed out at work or at home, light this oil up and let the scent permeate your space.
- Geranium. Depression can kick in when you’re stress levels are elevated but the good news is that there is a way to stop your negative emotions from hindering your daily function and that is by lighting up some geranium essential oil. This essential oil is often used to lift one’s spirits up making it a good addition to one’s arsenal of stress relievers.
- Ylang-ylang. Ylang-ylang’s scent promotes calm and relaxation which is why it is often a good choice when it comes to combating the effects of stress. With this essential oil, you will be able to regain your equilibrium so you can function normally once more without worrying about anxiety, depression, or even fear from kicking in.
- Sandalwood. Too much stress can wreak havoc not only mentally but emotionally and physically as well. Essential oils like sandalwood can reduce your stress levels while easing the tension from your body. This way, you’ll be able to relax and get relief from the effects of too much stress in your day.
These are just a few essential oils that have been to be effective in combating stress and its effects. If you are looking to relieve stress, these oils will come in handy.