If you’ve finally made up your mind to start treating your body right this year, you’ve probably considered signing up for a gym membership already and revamping your entire diet as soon as possible. Although there is nothing wrong with pushing yourself to go to the gym to work out or dispose of the foods that are making you gain weight, sometimes, there are other alternatives to consider especially when your schedule may not allow you to work out as regularly as you want to in the gym. If you are wondering how you will be able to stay healthy even without sweating it out in the gym or going on an extreme diet, try these five steps out.
- Don’t subtract. We often think that we need to remove food from our current diet to stay healthy but sometimes you don’t really have to do this. What you can do, however, is to add or increase your intake of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, seeds, nuts, and the like because they can deliver the nutrients you need to curb hunger while boosting your overall health.
- Start drinking more. No, we are not talking about alcoholic beverages here but rather more water. Just think about the number of times you are actually drinking water in a day. Can you drink more than 6 glasses per day? Keep in mind that water is important to us not just because it can help us stay hydrated but because it can flush out the toxins from our body which can reduce your risk of acquiring diseases.
- Walk. We often rely on our cars or public transports to take us to where we want to go to the point that we barely walk more than a hundred steps per day. This is actually harmful to our health but the good news is that you can inject more movement to your life by starting to walk. Go for a walk at night or park your car far from your office building so you will have to walk.
- Sleep is good. Our busy lives nowadays are actually preventing our bodies to heal themselves because we tend to sleep 4 to 6 hours a day only. You might think that this is a good thing for you because you have more time to do your stuff but you’re actually endangering yourself. Getting 6 to 8 hours of sleep is a must so that your body will be able to heal itself while at the same time, boost your energy levels the following day.
- Learn to share. Another painless way to stay healthy is to learn to share. If you’re going to eat in a restaurant that serve big plates, ask your friend or partner to share it with you. Not only will you get to save more but you’re also helping your overall health too. You can do the same when you workout because having a fitness partner can really give your exercise regimen the boost it needs for you to actually enjoy it.