Our nervous system plays an important role in your body as it is the one that responds to both external and internal stimuli. And because your nervous system is the one that handles a huge part of your body function from breathing, hunger, thirst, and the like, it is important that you maintain its overall health as much as possible. How can you improve your nervous system then? Well, here are some tips that you can consider to boost the health of your nervous system.
- Magnesium. There are instances when you suffer from anxiety, worry, insomnia, hyperactivity, or even panic attacks. All these are signs that your magnesium levels are low. The best way to bring it back up is to consume foods that contain magnesium in them like green leafy vegetables, dark chocolate, legumes, seeds, fruits, and nuts.
- Sunlight. Getting enough sunlight in your body is a good way to boost your nervous system and the best part is that it is completely free. What’s more, basking in the warmth of the sun either early in the morning or late in the afternoon helps your body absorb vitamin D which is essential for your overall health.
- Water therapy. Another trick to boosting the health of your nervous system is to do water therapy. Using water at different temperatures can help regulate the nervous system. You can start with cool rubs using a wet thin towel. Start by rubbing the towel from your hand to your shoulder, foot to groin, and finally the torso. You need to do this quickly before dressing up to retain warmth. Magnesium sulfate baths are also recommended because it can help revitalize your nervous system. Use 100 grams of magnesium sulfate only for your bath.
- Walk barefoot in nature. It’s not really surprising that being surrounded by nature can boost your nervous system. To make things better, try walking barefoot in the beach, the forest, or even in grasslands. For sure you will feel the effects immediately. Take a break from the usual humdrum of your city life and get in touch with nature. Your nervous system will thank you for it.
- Medicinal plants. Another way to help boost your nervous system is to use medicinal plants like Gingko biloba, basil, lemon balm, and lavender just to name a few. You can use them as essential oils, air fresheners, or make infusions or extracts. Some can be made into tea which can help boost your nervous system.
- Eat appropriate foods. What you eat can also play a part on how healthy your nervous system is. Go for oatmeal, bee pollen, and baker’s yeast to help relieve insomnia, boost energy levels, and help regulate your appetite.
These are just a few tips on how you can boost your nervous system. It’s not just about the food that you eat but also the habits that you do that can make a difference on how well your nervous system functions. By following these tips, you can see a marked improvement on your nervous system in no time.