You’ve probably come across blogs and articles that state the benefits of lemon water and perhaps some of your friends have sworn that drinking it had done them a world of good. A bit skeptical, are you? Well, it’s not surprising because there are so many wonder health and beauty treatments out there that it’s hard to distinguish which ones work and which ones don’t. However, in the case of lemon water, it does have nmerous benefits waiting for you especially when you drink it first thing in the morning.
Here are some of its known health benefits.
- Assist in digestion. Drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning can actually benefit your digestive system as it improves digestion. The acids in our stomach are actually the ones that break down the food that we eat. The acid found in lemon water can actually contribute to the digestion by helping supplement the currrent acid levels in the stomach.
- Regulates your internal pH levels. Although lemons are acidic in nature, when it is consumed, it becomes alkaline. An alkaline body is actually the secret to staying in the best of health. If your body is an acidic state, it is more likely to succumb to diseases. By drinking lemon water on a regular basis, you will be able to reduce overall acidity while creating a more alkaline body.
- Stay hydrated. Another reason why drinking lemon water is important to your beauty routine is because it helps you stay hydrated. Many of us are guilty of not being able to drink enough fluids in a day because of our busy schedule. Unfortunately, this robs our body of its much needed liquids. Drinking lemon water in the morning makes sure that you are on the right track of staying hydrated. The best way to know whether you are drinking enough water is when your urine is clear.
- Boosts your immune system. What else can you get from lemon water in the morning? How about your daily dose of vitamin C? This vitamin can help you fight off colds and other diseases because it makes your immune system stronger. Lemon also contains potassium which can aid in your nerve and brain functions. Drinking lemon water can actually improve your body’s ability to absorb iron and other essential nutrients.
- Aids in weight loss. If you are trying to shed a few pounds, you might want to incorporate lemon water in your beauty routine. For one thing, lemon water can help flush out toxins from your body so that your organs will be able to function properly from your immune system all the way to your digestion. This means that it will be easier for you to lose weight and maintain it because everything is in working order.
So you see? Drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning is a practice worth following if you want to reap the benefits mentioned above and more.