In these busy times where people are constantly on the go, finding time to prepare something healthy and delicious for lunch is almost impossible as you have a lot of things to do from ensuring that your kids are ready for school and that they have enough food to keep them throughout the day. But the good news is that you can make quick lunches that are not only easy to prepare but are healthy to boot too. Don’t miss out on energy filling foods for your lunch. Check out the lunch recipes below and see if you can’t satisfy your hunger with these food choices.
- Chicken salad pita. You will need one whole pita and stuff it with ½ grated apple, ½ cup of chopped chicken breast, leftovers will do, and a tablespoon of low fat Greek yogurt. This lunch recipe contains 344 calories which can leave your belly satisfied.
- Roast beef roll. Here’s another quick lunch recipe that you can prepare for a healthy meal. You will need one whole wheat wrap spread with 1 oz. of light cream and ½ tablespoon of horseradish. Layer your wheat wrap with 2 ounces of roast beef, an ounce of sliced cheddar, and some romaine lettuce. Roll the wheat wrap and you’re ready to go.
- Summer rolls. For this recipe, you will need 4 sheets of rehydrated rice paper, a cup of bean sprouts, and 12 large cooked shrimps. Divide the ingredients into the four sheets and roll them up. This recipe has protein, carbohdyrates, and essential vitamins and minerals that will fuel you throughout the day.
- Marinated kale and chicken salad. Salads are good for lunch as they are light but can pack a powerful punch health wise. Take for example the marinated kale and chicken salad. You will need to add a tablespoon of olive oil and two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice to 2 cups of shredded kale. Let the ingredients marinate overnight. Toss 1 tablespoon of dried currants and half a cup of diced leftover chickens into the marinate and you’ll have the perfect lunch for the day.
- Grilled cheddar and apple. For this quick lunch recipe, you will need 2 slices of whole-grain bread. Add a layer of sharp cheddar cheese or about 2 slices and of course, ½ green apple that has been thinly sliced. As for the other slice of bread, spread a teaspoon of deli mustard. Grill the sandwich on a non-stick pan until the cheese starts to melt. If you have a Panini maker, you can use it to grill your sandwich.
- Mango quesadillas. If you want a quick lunch recipe that will fill your belly, spread mango chutney on a tortilla. Add a tablespoon of chopped scallion, deli ham, and 1/8 cup of crumbled feta cheese or queso fresco. Fold the tortilla in half and grill on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes. Cut the tortilla into quarters and bring it with you for your lunch.
- Sushi sandwich. Here’s another recipe that will make your lunch something to look forward to. Prepare ¼ cup of grated part-skim mozzarella, 2 slices of deli turkey, 1 roasted red pepper, chopped. Place the ingredients in a roll of whole-wheat tortilla, roll the tortilla, and slice it into rounds.
Getting your lunch done shouldn’t take up too much of your time. With these quick and easy lunch recipes, you will be able to prepare your lunch even though you’re already swamped with tasks at home. You can prepare them the night before or you can spare about 10 minutes of your time in the morning to prepare them.