Our skin needs nourishing for it to stay soft, smooth, and supple as we age. Unfortunately, most of us rely on skin care products that are filled with chemicals that are actually doing more harm than good in the long run. What if we tell you that you can actually use certain types of oils to make your skin glow naturally? Sounds interesting, right? Here are some of the best oils that you can use from head to toes.
- Castor oil. If you are battling hair loss because of an illness, too much chemical usage, or stress, castor oil can help improve hair growth. You can massage a few drops of castor oil on your scalp to boost circulation to encourage faster hair growth. Just leave it on for 2 hours before washing. You can add a few drops to your favorite shampoo or even conditioner to deliver nourishment quickly.
- Almond oil. Another oil that can help with dry skin, especially on your hands, is almond oil. Not only that, but this particular oil can also moisturize your cuticles so they won’t grow too much. Just massage the almond oil on your hands to help soothe and moisten your dry skin. Doing this regularly can prevent premature aging of your skin in your hands. If you are suffering from severely chapped hands, massage the oil on your hands then cover them with gloves to let the oil be absorbed properly.
- Avocado oil. You can also rub your body down with avocado oil because it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that can help nourish your skin. Massage the oil on your skin for a few minutes to encourage the oil to penetrate your skin further. You can also eat avocados for snack to get the same nourishing effects.
- Coconut oil. Coconuts are known to contain vitamin E, proteins, and fatty acids that promote healthy looking skin. What’s great about coconut oil is that it is absorbed quickly which is why it is always a good addition to any beauty regimen that you may have. This oil tends to be solid in room temperature which means that you can bring it with you even when you go traveling so that you can take care of your skin every day.
- Olive oil. This oil is not just for cooking or drizzling on salads but it is also useful when it comes to treating dry, cracked heels. You will need to soak your feet first in water with your choice of essential oil then scrub the heels with a foot file. Mix a few drops of peppermint oil with olive oil then apply on your feet. Wear socks after to keep the oil on your feet. Leave the oil overnight to give your skin the chance to absorb the oil. Wash the following day.
These are just a few examples of oils that you can actually use for your hair, skin, and even feet to get some impressive results. The best part is that these are all natural and are safe to use.