Our hair is often exposed to various environmental stresses from the sun, rain, wind, freezing temperatures, and even the heat coming from our styling tools. This can lead to dry and brittle hair which can appear dull and untamed. Most of us head to the salon to get a hair spa but if your budget doesn’t allow this small luxury, how then will you be able to bring back the natural gorgeousness of your hair? The answer is quite simple and that is to make your own fruit packs for your hair.
Which fruit packs should you use for your hair? Here are some choices to consider.
- Banana hair mask. If your hair is dry and dull, you can whip up a banana hair mask to bring back the natural beauty of your hair. For this hair mask, you need two ripe bananas, one egg, a teaspoon of lemon juice, and one tablespoon of almond oil. Mash the bananas first then add the almond oil, lemon juice, and egg. Mix the ingredients thoroughly then apply on your hair. Leave it on for 20 minutes then rinse with a mild shampoo. Regular application can make your hair gorgeous looking once more.
- Banana and egg hair mask. For those with dry and damaged hair because of the chemicals you have applied on your hair, this mask will help repair your brittle strands. You only need one egg yolk, two ripe bananas, and a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. You need to mash the bananas first before adding the rest of the ingredients. Mix them well then apply on your hair. Let it sit for a couple of minutes. Rinse afterwards.
- Peach mask. Dry scalp can be a problem as dead skin cells fall down as dandruff. Sometimes, dry scalp can be itchy too which adds to the discomfort that you are already experiencing. A peach mask can help alleviate the itch while relieving the dryness of your scalp. You need to prepare one whole peach and a tablespoon of yogurt. Get the pulp of the peach and combine with yogurt. Beat the ingredients for three minutes before applying on your hair. Leave the mask on for 30 minutes before rinsing using lukewarm water.
- Grease tease hair mask. When your hair is constantly greasy, a little orange juice will be good for you. For this mask, you need to combine a cup of yogurt, a cup of orange juice, and a tablespoon of amla or tulsi powder. Mix thoroughly before applying on your hair. You should let the mask sit for a few minutes before rinsing.
- Avocado mask. Another fruit pack that is good for your hair is the avocado mask. What this fruit does to your hair is to help strengthen the roots, make your hair soft, and even gives your mane that extra shine. You will need to mash one whole avocado before adding three tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. If you want, you can even add green tea and lukewarm water to complete the paste. Apply the mask on your hair then massage gently. Wait for 30 minutes before rinsing with your natural shampoo.
As you can see, maintaining beautiful hair isn’t that hard to do especially when you have these fruit packs to use. They’re cheaper compared to going to the hair salon plus you get to use natural ingredients for more nutrients for better looking hair. You can experiment with the ingredients to see which one will work best for your hair needs. These have all been tried and tested so it’s just a matter of choosing the best one for your current hair problem.