You can always step foot in the clinic of a plastic surgeon to look like a supermodel. However, you have to put some facts into consideration — undergoing the knife can be very expensive and poses some risks. The truth is going for plastic surgery can leave you knee-deep in debt and even looking completely unrecognizable and horrible!
So what’s a girl like you who wants to keep things cost- and risk-free needs to do just to make more heads turn towards her direction? By doing some facial exercises, that’s what!
First things first — just like when exercising the rest of your body, you need to have dedication and discipline in order to see results. You cannot expect to carry out facial exercises today and wake up tomorrow expecting several contracts from various international modeling agencies will clutter your doorstep.
Doing facial exercises won’t make you looking like Gigi Hadid or Halle Berry, but it can definitely make some subtle yet still noticeable improvements. Take it as a compliment when people you have known for years say that there is something different about you that they cannot quite put their finger on.
No amount of facial exercise can alter your bone structure — that’s a fact. However, you also have to consider that your face consists of muscles, too. Working them out can help improve some of your features.
What’s more, doing facial exercises also helps zap some of the fat that are keeping some of your features from actually being seen, like the ones that you are not aware that you had — a pair of glorious cheekbones or a to-die-for jaw line. Facial exercises, as you can see, can actually help eliminate the need for plastic surgery!
Below are some of the best facial exercises that you can do on a regular basis to become a stunner.
For lifted eyebrows:
- Close your peepers and try to lift your eyebrows as high as you can. Hold it for about 10 seconds, and then relax. Repeat for 10 to 15 times. Do this up to thrice a day.
- Look straight forward and relax your facial muscles. Try to look up towards the left without moving your head, and hold it for about 10 to 15 seconds. You will notice that your left eyebrow will naturally raise itself. Look down, and then look up towards the right, and hold it for 10 to 15 seconds. Do 6 to 8 repetitions daily.
For fuller lips:
- Without parting your lips, smile as widely as you can. After 10 seconds, pucker your lips like you have never puckered them before. Keep it like that for 10 seconds. Relax. Do everything 10 times per day.
- Slightly pucker your lips and move them to the left. After about 10 seconds, move them to the right. Go back to the starting position and start moving them in a figure of eight, and then once more going the opposite direction. Do everything 10 times every single day.
For defined cheekbones:
- Fill your mouth with air and place your lips firmly together. Force the air in your mouth towards one cheek. Hold it for about 10 seconds, and then switch to the other cheek. Repeat as many times as you can.
- Start by smiling as widely as you can. After about 10 to 15 seconds, form your lips into the shape of an “O”. Keep them in that position for 10 to 15 seconds. Repeat everything 10 times.
For a slimmer nose:
- Use your index finger to block one nostril, and then start to take a slow and deep breath. Hold it in for about 4 seconds, release the blocked nostril and block the other using your other index finger. Slowly exhale through the open nostril. Do this up to 10 times per facial exercise session.
- Place the tip of your index finger under the tip of your nose. Using the muscles of your nose, exert a downward pressure on your index finger. Hold for about 10 seconds, then release. Do as many as you can.
For a chiseled jaw line:
- Sit down and press your tongue against the roof of the mouth. Carefully, tilt your head back as far as it would go. Hold this position for about 10 seconds. Go back to the starting position. Do a total of 10 repetitions.
- Did you know that something as simple as chewing gum regularly can help make your jaw line look more pronounced? Just make sure that you go for sugar-free gum to keep unwanted calories at bay.