Your hands do most of your work on a daily basis which means that they are often exposed to various elements that can make them rough and dry. Without proper care, your hands will become rough and dry which make them look older than usual. There are quite a number of factors that can contribute to this condition such as cold weather, too much exposure to the sun, dry air, constant immersion in water, and using soap bars.
Fortunately, there are several remedies available that can help you get back the natural softness of your hands and these are:
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal isn’t just good for your tummy but it is also perfect for nurturing and exfoliating your hands. The protein that is present in oatmeal prevents dryness which means that your skin will be constantly nourished. For this hand remedy, you need to mix 2 tablespoons of oatmeal, a little water, and ½ to 1 teaspoon of honey. You can even add a freshly squeezed lemon juice if you like. Rub the paste onto your hands and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse the paste with warm water.
- Honey. Everyone knows that honey has plenty of health benefits to offer including treating dry hands. Honey is considered as a natural moisturizer as it is packed with humectant, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties. For this remedy, you will need 1 to 2 teaspoons of honey, half a teaspoon of olive oil, and a few drops of lemon juice if you like. Mix the ingredients thoroughly then apply the liquid on your hands. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes before washing with warm water. Pat your hands dry then use your favorite moisturizer. You should use this remedy two to three times per week.
- Aloe Vera. Another home remedy that is good for dry and rough hands is aloe vera. This plant contains natural moisturizing compounds that can help nourish your skin. Get a leaf from the plant, cut it open and get the gel-like substance. Massage the gel on your hands and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse the substance off with lukewarm water. This remedy should be done once or twice a day.
- Avocado Mask. Hand masks can help alleviate the dryness from your hands especially when they contain avocados. Avocado is known for its monounsatured fats which can aid in dry skin. Aside from this, avocado also contains different vitamins such as vitamins A,C, and E which are all beneficial to your skin. For this mask, you will need half of a ripe avocado and a tablespoon of honey. Combine the pulp of the avocado with honey then apply the mixture on your hands. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes before washing off. This treatment should be done at least twice a week for better results.
- Milk Cream. Milk cream contains high amounts of fat which can aid in moisturizing rough hands. What’s more, the lactic acid present in the milk cream can also exfoliate your hands and bring back your skin’s natural pH levels. For this remedy, simply rub some milk cream on your hands then leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse your hands thoroughly with lukewarm water. This home remedy can be repeated every day so you can improve your hands’ current condition.
These natural remedies are guaranteed to help soothe your dry and rough hands. The best part is that these remedies make use of ingredients that are not harmful to your health and are easily accessible in your local grocery store.