Women aren’t the only ones who are concerned about their looks. Men too often pay attention to how they look as first impressions do last. Although most men are happy with using a disposable razor and some soap for daily maintenance, their skin needs more TLC. For guys who want to ensure that they are always looking their best, here are some skin care tips that you should take note of.
- Massage your face. A good rule of thumb is to massage your face to help boost collagen production. This helps make your face look brighter instantly. It is also a good idea to cleanse your face twice a day starting from your forehead all the way down. Through cleansing, you will be able to eliminate bacteria growing while at the same time giving your skin that natural glow.
- Avoid shaving against the grain. Men tend to shave against the grain because they want to get a close shave as much as possible. Unfortunately, this can damage the hair follicles inside the skin causing inflammation. The best thing to do to keep your skin smooth and devoid of any nicks and acne breakout is to shave in the direction where it feels smooth to the touch. It’s important that you do one stroke for each section rather than shaving over and over on one spot.
- Find some balance. Our skin is naturally acidic but since soaps have alkaline content, the natural pH levels of your skin can get out of whack. The best way to bring back your skin’s regular acidic content is to use a toner that is alcohol free. Look for a toner that contains alpha hydroxyl acids to solve your skin’s acidity level.
- Start exercising. For guys who want to maintain good looking skin, here’s one secret that you should know. Exercising can do wonders to your skin as it helps fight back any signs of aging. This is due to the fact that an increase in heart rate can help boost your metabolism which in turn helps flush out any harmful toxins that are present in your body. What’s more, exercising will help you stay in good shape which is a plus if you want to maintain a healthy weight.
- Use water for lather. If you’ve tried shaving dry skin, you know that it hurts. Even applying shaving cream will be of little help when it comes to getting that smooth shave. What’s better is for you to wet your skin first before applying a mild shaving cream to reduce friction. This will yield a better shave compared to shaving with dry skin. For those with sensitive skin, it’s better that you shave while you are in the shower or as soon as you are done with your bath.
- Dunk in cold water. Staying up late the night before can put a lot of stress on your complexion but the good news is that you can fix it quickly by dunking your head in ice-cold water for as long as you can manage. Although this trick is a bit painful, the effects will include tightened skin and more blood rushing to your face which can actually shave off a few years to your face.
These are just a few examples of skin care tips that guys should keep in mind when they want to look their best. Caring for your skin requires more than just using soap and disposable razor because you need to pamper your skin from time to time. There is nothing wrong with treating your skin with respect as this will help you look good especially when facing all the time.