Take a step back from the kitchen, drop your oven mitts and create these easy no cook snacks.
Crispy White Choco-Cranberry Bars
This yummy and easy to make dessert bar is great for a mid afternoon snack. It can help boost your energy and help remove toxins in the body.
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg or ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- One cup white baking pieces
- Five cups tiny marshmallows
- Six cups crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Half cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- Chopped almonds or walnuts (optional)
- Take out your baking pan and lightly grease it.
- Melt butter and marshmallow in the microwave in low heat. When the butter and marshmallow melts take it out of the microwave and stir.
- Stir in all the other ingredients, when the ingredients are combined spoon the mixture on t the pan.
- Lightly grease your spoon and use the back of this to press the mixture into the pan.
- You can add chopped almonds on top if you want.
- Let the pan stand for an hour or place it in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cut into bars.
Here are two no cook energy balls recipes of post workout snacks or mid afternoon energy boost:
Apple Pie Energy Balls
These yummy energy balls are so easy to make and can last for a long time in the fridge. It can be a go to snack for people on the run or for people who are trying to lose weight. All you need are a few easy to find ingredients and a little bit of patience. These are also great snacks for the kids.
- Half tablespoon honey
- One teaspoon nutmeg
- One and half cup chopped dried apple
- ¼ cup dates
- Two tablespoons of cinnamon
- ¼ cups of pecan or walnuts
- Take the chopped apple and place it in a food processor, blend it slightly and add in the dates and honey. Blend the ingredients together until it becomes better like. If the consistency turns paste-like add a little bit more honey and blend.
- Now add in the cinnamon, nutmeg and pecan in the processor and blend carefully. Wait until you get the desired shape pecan. Having big pieces of pecan can add crunch to the energy balls. Small size pecans will add chewiness to the energy balls.
- Once everything is finely blended scoop out the mixture in a bowl. Scoop out a tablespoon size and roll into your hands to create a ball. Prevent it from sticking to your hands by slightly wetting your hands in cold water.
- Place the balls on a baking pan and seal it with saran wrap and place it on the fridge.
When kept in the freezer this energy balls will last for over a month. Leaving it in the fridge can make it last a week.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls
- 2 scoops Vanilla/Mocha Fuel-6 Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup/ honey
- One cup almond meal
- Half cup of almond butter
- Combine protein powder and almond meal in a large bowl and mix together. You can do this with your hand or a spoon.
- Add in the maple syrup and almond butter to the bowl and mix again. The mixture will start to look like a fresh batch of delicious cookie dough.
- Add in the star of the show, the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Wet your hand in cold water and take out a tablespoon scoop out of the bowl and start rolling it in your palm. Repeat this process until the dough runs out.
- You can store this in the fridge for a week in the fridge and two weeks in the freezer, but we really doubt it would last that long.
You can add your own twist to this recipe by creating your own shapes, size and design.
Guacamole Al Fresco
Add some spice to your classic guacamole by adding delicious low fat cheese, queso fresco to be exact. Create this yummy dip for your fresh baked tortilla chips.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco, for sprinkling
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Peel it and place in a bowl.
- Mash the avocado until it turns paste like. Stir in all the other ingredients and sprinkle the queso on top and serve with fresh tortilla or pumpkin chips.
No time for cooking? Try out these easy and healthy no cook healthy snacks that are satisfying and hearty.