When it comes to nail colors, you’ll probably feel a bit overwhelmed with the number of options available. There are quite a lot of shades and designs to choose from that it can be quite tricky deciding which style and color you’ll be going for the week. Unless you have enough money set aside to go to nail salons, you’ll most likely be the one who will be dressing up your nails at home. The good news is that you can still transform your nails from boring to stylish by choosing the right nail color.
The question most women are asking is which nail color will work best for them. Experts often rely on the color of your skin tone. If you are one of those who want to get their nail color right, here are a few tips to keep in mind.
For light skinned women, these colors are for you:
- You can never go wrong with the classic red when it comes to your nails as they will definitely flatter your hands. Bring the red polish up to the light and if you can see through it, it will be sheer when applied. Choose blue-toned reds if your skin tone is really light.
- Here’s another color that will work perfectly with light skinned women. Pastel lavender will work nicely but make sure that there isn’t too much white in it as it might appear lilac in your nails that it won’t make too much impact.
- Fair skinned women will certainly enjoy pink nail colors as they can rock both bright fuchias as well as sheer pinks with ease.
For dark skinned tones, you might want to go for these colors:
- If you love blues then you’re in luck as opting for blue shades in your nail color will work well with your dark skin. Nail experts recommend that you choose the most intense cobalt shades that you can find to really make an impression. On the other hand, if you want to opt for heather or baby blue, be careful of the amount of white in it as the blue color may not be seen too much.
- Skip the light to pale pink nail polishes when you have dark skin. Instead of go for the real pinks like fuchsia and neons so your nails will really pop out.
- Although all red nail colors will work well with women with dark skin, try adding some variety to your nails by going for deep reds. Think of the red shade that you can get from wines or even gemstones.
If your skin tone is in the medium-olive tone, you should choose the following shades:
- Although fair skinned women often go for nude colors with a slight pink tinge to them, medium-olive skinned women can go for nudes that are leaning towards beige.
- If the shades of your lipsticks are more on the orange-reds, you can use the same color when it comes to your nails. Go for reds that have some orange undertones to them to highlight your hands and nails.
- This color shouldn’t be limited to your eye shadow only but can be used for your nails too. However, skip those that have white pigmentation but instead go for the darker shades like deep grape colors.
These are just a few suggestions when it comes to choosing nail color. By basing your choices with your skin tone, you’ll have better luck getting the best color to wear for the week. Just make sure that you apply the nail color properly to make them last longer.