Our feet always have a rough time as they are known to
have the most amount of work and stress as we go about daily activities. For one, the feet is tasked to carry our weight, by we unfortunately give it less attention than they actually deserve. One of the best things that we can do to pamper our feet is to find the best shoes for them. In this article, we hope to provide
you with useful information on how to choose different types of shoes that can promote a healthy, happy feet!
We should all bear in mind that proper foot care is essential to avoid any type of foot disorders or injuries. One effective means to promote foot health is through wise and sensible shoe purchases. Here are tips on how to go about shoe
- Ill-fitting shoes can be very damaging to your feet. Some of the moreserious foot disorders or injuries develop as a result ofwearing ill-fittingshoes. Here are tips that will prove to be useful the next time you go shopping for shoes:
– The heel of the shoes should feature a broad base, but should be no greater than 4cm in measurement.
– The sole should provide adequate cushioning and protection to facilitate comfortable walking. In addition, it should feature a
powerful grip which will reduce the incidence of slipping.
– Always choose footwear that are made from breathable fabrics. This will not only facilitate proper ventilation, but will promote comfort if you use it for walking throughout the day.
– The linings should also be made from highly breathable materials. If possible, choose a pair of shoes that do not have interior seams, as such reinforcements are known to cause injury or irritation to the feet as well.
– Choose footwear with sufficient and strong fastening systems.
Laces, straps, and buckles play the important function of holding
your foot in place while you walk, run, and go about your daily
activities. These reinforcements should be strong enough to hold
your feet in place at all times.
– If you are suffering from a foot disorder, make sure to purchase
shoes with removable insoles or padding. In the case of individuals with foot disorders, such footwear will save you money since you need not buy specialty shoes where you can insert orthoses when needed.
– If you have lost or gained weight since your last purchase, it is best to check your shoe size. Your foot size does change throughout your lifetime. It may increase in length and width when you gain weight, and may shrink when you suffer from significant weight loss.
– If you are buying closed shoes such as sneakers or running
shoes, it is highly recommended to wear socks. Wear socks that are made from blended fabrics as this will ensure your feet stays dry at all times. Throw away old socks that are misshapen as they are altogether useless in protecting and cushioning your feet.
By following these shoe shopping guidelines, you are sure to bring home not only good looking shoes, but ones that promote healthy feet too!