A sagging butt may turn your behind into a shapeless lump that won’t do your outfit any good but the good news is that you can bring back the natural perkiness of your butt with the right work out. Most women sculpt their butt with squats alone but you can always go beyond this classic exercise for more challenging workouts that will tone your glutes in no time. As a matter of fact, here are some of the best booty exercises to try.
- Rainbows. This exercise is going to work your glutes for sure. Start by going down on all fours with your knees at hip-width apart and your wrists stacked over the shoulders. While your right toes are pointed, extend your right leg behind you and raise it towards the ceiling. Lower your leg towards the floor and tap it with your toes then go back to your first position. Do the same over the left side of your left foot. Do 10 reps before switching legs.
- Superman. Another exercise that will make your butt rounder and perkier is the superman move. Lie down on the floor on your belly with your arms extended before you and your legs stretched behind you. Engage your core and your glutes as you raise your arms, chest, and legs as high as you can manage. Hold this pose for a few seconds before going back to your first position. Do 10 reps.
- Heel-lifted sumo squats. Stand with your feet slightly wider than your shoulders with your toes pointing outward then lift your left heel. Push your hips back with control as you bend your knees to go down into a sumo squat. Keep in mind that your knees should remain behind your toes and that your core is engaged for you to stay balanced. Push yourself back up and repeat 10 times. Raise the heel of your right foot and repeat the steps above.
- Single-leg dead lift. For this exercise, you should stand on your right leg with your left knee raised at hip height. Make sure that you are balanced before you start this exercise. Tighten your glutes while folding forward until your hands touch the floor before you. You should raise your left leg at the same time. Hold for a few seconds before returning to your first position. Do 10 to 15 reps before switching to the left leg.
- Single-leg bridges. Another butt sculpting workout that you should try is the single-leg bridges. Lie down on the floor on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Place your hands at your sides and engage your core. Raise your left leg then push your hips off the floor using your glutes and hands to go into a bridge pose. Lower yourself after holding it for a few seconds then repeat 10 times. Switch to the other leg and do 10 more reps for this workout.