There is nothing wrong with getting pampered from time to time but spending money to go to the spa just to get a facial may not be in everyone’s budget. Should this stop you from giving your skin its much needed love and care? Of course not! The good news is that you can make your own face masks that will remove the impurities clinging to the pores of your skin so that it will be able to breathe easily and prevent the appearance of pimples and other skin irritations. The best part is that most of the ingredients that you’ll be using for your face masks are usually found in your kitchen. Here are some face mask recipes for you to try.
- Banana facial mask. Banana is actually one of the best face masks that you can use to bring back the natural softness of your skin. It has the ability to moisturize your dry skin so that it will be smooth to the touch. This is actually a basic facial mask that can do wonders for your skin. For starters, you just need to mash a medium sized banana to create a paste then apply on your face and neck. Allow the paste to stay for 10 to 20 minutes then rinse with cold water.
- Amazing miracle mask. If you are suffering from red skin caused by acne breakouts, this facial mask is for you. You will need a teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 2 tablespoons of honey, and a teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Mix all the ingredients until you create a paste. Apply it evenly all over your face and wait for 30 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Milk facial masks. Another DIY facial mask that your skin will love is the milk facial mask. All that you have to do is to mix ¼ cup of powdered milk with some water until you create a thick paste. Apply the paste generously on your face and allow it to dry. Rinse afterwards with warm water. Your skin will look and feel fresh and rejuvenated afterwards.
- Cucumber, yogurt, and oatmeal mask. Is your skin flaky with large pores that are quite visible to the naked eye? Well, the combination of yogurt, cucumber, and oatmeal can help solve this problem of yours. Just mix the ingredients until you create a paste and apply on your face and neck. Leave it on for 30 minutes then rinse with cold water.
- Yogurt facial mask. If you want to give your skin a quick fix, try applying some plain yogurt on your face and neck. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing. The yogurt will help remove any buildup on your pores while making the pores become smaller to keep dirt and dust from getting stuck.
As you can see, you will be able to revitalize and smoothen your skin with the use of some kitchen ingredients. All that you have to do is to find the right combination of ingredients to nourish your skin right at home.