The changing season is sure to keep you on your toes as it keeps you guessing as to which makeup to use. But with the warmer days approaching, it is best to take stock of your beauty products and do a little spring cleaning so you can usher in new items that will bring out the best in you. If you are wondering how you can get rid of your old makeup and skin care products without feeling any remorse, here are a few tips to consider.
- Check the expiration date. It’s easy to forget that beauty products have shelf life so if you have found the time to take a closer look at the expiration date. If you are thinking that your makeup and lotions can last forever, think again. Using expired products can put you at risk of skin problems that may be difficult to treat.
- Clean pencil sharpener. If you’re using eyebrow pencil or eyeliner, you’re probably using a pencil sharpener to keep the ends sharp. Unfortunately, without cleaning this tool, you’ll most likely damage your eyeliner or eyebrow pencil. One way to avoid this is to clean the sharpener from time to time. Start by removing the shavings that are left behind the sharpener then soak a cotton swab in alcohol before wiping the blades and even the nooks and crannies of the sharpener. The alcohol will be able to disinfect your sharpener in the process.
- Care for your makeup brushes. The makeup brushes that you are using are actually the best places for bacteria to grow not unless you give them a thorough cleaning. And because we are too busy with our work, home, and personal life, we often forget to clean them. To avoid being forgetful, as most of us are prone to when it comes to makeup tools, create your own cleaning station near the sink. This will be an effective reminder that those makeup brushes need cleaning every week to save yourself from skin problems that are mostly caused by bacteria build up.
- Wash your falsies. If you tend to wear false eyelashes frequently, make sure that you clean them as much as possible. One way to get rid of any product build up or bacterial growth is to soak the false eyelashes in a bowl of warm water and glue. This will help remove any glue residue.
- Spring cleaning is all about getting rid of all the trash that you want out of your house so you can attract more positive things. And while you are in this mood, you should really tackle your makeup kit and get rid of all those old beauty products that you are reluctant to let go of.
These are just a few tips that you might want to consider if you want to destash your beauty products just in time for spring cleaning. This way, you will have more room for new beauty products that will be out in the market soon enough.