Nowadays, people are keeping a close eye on their weight as any movement to the right of the scale can trigger a worried reaction for fear that they are heading toward being overweight. Most will go on extreme diet or cleansing just to lose those extra pounds while others enroll in fitness clinics to burn fats fast. Although these practices can certainly help you regain your previous weight, you can also incorporate several super foods to your diet to promote weight loss. Here are some that you should take note of.
- Green tea. When it comes to losing weight, it appears that green tea can be of some use. This beverage is made up of antioxidants that prevent fat build up in your midsection. Those who drink five cups of green tea per day with 25 to 30 minutes’ worth of exercise remark on how fast they lost belly fat.
- Flaxseeds. Another superfood that you should definitely add to your diet is flaxseeds. Flaxseeds are known for the fiber and healthy fat that it contains. Consuming a drink that contains up to 2.5g of flaxseed fiber has been found to suppress one’s appetite. With your stomach feeling full, you will be less likely to eat more which in turn makes you lose weight in the process. The healthy fats present in flaxseeds are the well-known omega-3 fatty acids which not only makes you shed excess pounds but also promote better cardiovascular health.
- Pistachios. Pistachios appear to be useful too when it comes to weight loss which isn’t surprising given that those who snacked on these nuts for how many weeks reported a reduction in their BMI. Pistachios are flavorful and can be added to salads and desserts if you like.
- Oatmeal. Of course, when we’re talking about weight loss, oatmeal will surely make an appearance. Having an oatmeal breakfast is a great way to start your weight loss plan as it contains soluble fiber which can minimize the fat in your blood. Oatmeal also promotes a feeling of fullness which can help curb your appetite. One study that was conducted in 2013 showed that compared to ready-made cereals, oatmeal contains more fiber that can help make you feel full fast. Another study showed that eating oatmeal regularly can reduce your weight including your waist’s circumference.
- Legumes. Believe it or not, legumes are actually efficient in making you lose weight compared to other foods. Going on a low-calorie diet with legumes included can actually make you lose more weight than following a diet without legumes. Also, legumes appear to lower one’s bad cholesterol levels so your heart will be safe from heart problems.
Losing weight can happen by making some changes to your current diet. You don’t have to start with huge changes immediately but incorporating these superfoods can be a big help. Of course, diet is just one part of achieving weight loss. You also need to stay physically active to get your metabolism up and running.