The colon is s crucial part of a healthy and well-functioning body. It plays an integral role in digestion, in the immune system, and in making sure water is at balance as well. The colon is an important part of the large intestine, starting from the cecum down to the rectum. A non-functioning colon will show signs of toxic buildup and stay longer in your system than it normally would. An unhealthy colon functions inefficiently in that waste products are not expelled properly. This condition then results in the absorption of toxic waste into the bloodstream.
In order to promote proper function and optimal health of the colon, it is best to follow simple measures for all its processes to go back to normal. Ideally, a healthy colon allows for the passage of food in 24 hours. However, with our modern diet and unhealthy eating habits comprised of processed foods, transit time has slowed down to 70 hours instead. The resulting condition leads to a toxic colon and unnecessary, unhealthy collection of up to 30 pounds of waste.
The most common symptom of a toxic colon is constipation. This condition occurs when waste products move at a slow pace along the large intestine resulting in the painful elimination of bowels.
Symptoms of Toxic Colon
- Pain of the muscles and joints
- Constipation, diarrhea, gas, bloating sensation, stomach pains
- Anxiety, brain fog, fatigue, depression, mood swings, and poor memory
- Immuno suppression, repeating vaginal and bladder infection, skin allergies
One of the pioneers of colon cleansing, Bernard Jensen, DC, ND, PhD, believes that this procedure can significantly improve one’s quality of life. In his book, he further explains the relevance of colon cleansing. The heavy mucus that coast the entire length of the colon thickens and becomes a medium of putrefication. The blood capillaries in the colon start picking up toxins, poisonous chemicals, and noxious byproducts that penetrates through the bowel wall. All the tissues and organs absorb these waste materials. This is where the start of true autointoxication on a physiological level. The accumulation is similar to the consistency of rubber tires. To prevent and treat this condition, it becomes imperative to undergo colon cleansing.
- Master Cleanse The master cleanse is a comprehensive ten to sixteen day cleansing program developed in the 1940s by alternative health practitioner, Stanley Burroughs. In 1976, he presented his cleansing program to the world in his book, The Master Cleanser.
What you need:
(Per single serving)
– 2 tablespoons of organic grade B maple syrup
– 2 tablespoons of organic lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
-1/10 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
– ten ounces of filtered water
Simply mix everything together. Drink the mixture between five to eight times daily for ten days.
You may also supplement your diet with essential oils. These oils support the process of detoxification, while at the same time increasing the intake of important vitamins and minerals leading to body re-balance. Therapeutic-grade essential oils are highly potent as their nutrients are easily processed and assimilated on a cellular level.
What you need:
– freshly-squeezed juice from 1 organic lemon
– 10 drops of lemon and peppermint essential oils
– Mix all ingredients with 8 ounces of purified water
– You need to drink this solution daily for a maximum of 14 days