As a parent, you want to keep your child healthy and fit as much as possible but sometimes, it is hard to teach your little one the best habits to practice especially when their mind is off to somewhere. How then will you be able to ensure that your child learns the best healthy routine to follow daily? How about teaching them habits that they can actually count on.
It’s true that raising a child is not that easy but by practicing this healthy routine, you will be able to protect your child against various diseases and at the same time, teach them how to care for themselves as well. Here are some recommended steps for a health routine for your kid.
- Incorporate activities. One way of ensuring that your child is going to grow up strong and healthy is by encouraging them to stay active. Think running, jumping, playing, and all sorts of activities that they can do to build up their strength, stamina, and immunity too. As an added fun, why not join your kid when playing so you can create a stronger bond as well.
- Get enough sleep. Let your kids sleep more than eight hours in a day but make sure that they are tucked in bed earlier too. Sleep helps your child to grow faster because it is during the sleep stage when the body starts to repair and heal itself.
- Sign them up for a sports clinic. Another way to teach your child to become healthy and disciplined is to sign them up for a sports clinic. This can be something simple as swimming lessons during the summer, soccer, or even learning martial arts whichever your kid seems to like. This will teach them what discipline is all about plus you are also encouraging them to enjoy the sports too.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. It is also a good idea to train your little one to eat healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables all the time. Of course, it all starts with you so if you want to entice your kid to try these food out, you should also do the same. Keep in mind to train them to eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day so that they will get the vitamins and minerals that they need to build their overall health.
- Reduce TV time. Some parents leave their TV on the entire day to keep their child busy, but this actually not healthy for them as they will prefer to laze around the entire day doing nothing but watch TV. Limit it to just 2 hours per day and use the rest of the day for some fun filled activities that they will enjoy.
These healthy routines are just for starters. You can also bring them with you when you go hiking or in the park where you can both exercise with ease. Don’t forget to praise your child when he or she does something good as it will help build their confidence up.