PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is a condition that is associated with hormonal imbalance in women who are in the reproductive age. The problem with PCOS is that not everyone exhibits the same symptoms and may have different triggers. However, regardless of what signs or symptoms PCOS patients show, there are some treatments that may help alleviate the issue.
- Avoid eating factory meat as well as animal products. One reason behind this is that factory meats often contain hormones that were given while the animals were being raised for slaughter. The hormones will still be present in the meat afterwards which, when consumed, can cause a reaction to your body. Go for organic meat instead as they are free ranging animals that are not injected with any hormones or fed grains with chemicals.
- Cinnamon. A study that was conducted by researchers from Columbia University showed that cinnamon supplements can help boost a woman’s menstrual cycle plus address insulin resistance in patients with PCOS. To use this treatment, just add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a glass filled with hot water. Stir the contents and drink.
- Fenugreek. Fenugreek is known to help improve glucose metabolism and boost insulin resistance. This can help regulate your hormones. This seed is also known to promote weight loss as well as better heart function. First, soak three teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in water for 6 to 8 hours. You should then take a teaspoon of the seeds with honey every morning and on an empty stomach. Take another teaspoon 10 minutes before lunch and another before you have dinner. You should repeat this treatment daily or until you signs of improvement.
- Start caring for your liver. The liver is the one that is usually tasked to remove old and excess hormones from the body. However, it can have a hard time doing its job when you consume too much processed and sweetened foods. This is why it is always a good idea to give your body a gentle cleanse every few months to help get rid of the toxins and old hormones so that your liver will be able to go back to functioning properly.
- Apple cider vinegar. Another remedy for PCOS is apple cider vinegar or ACV. What this type of vinegar can do is to help regulate your blood sugar levels and inhibit your body from producing too much insulin. If your body is producing less insulin, it also means that there is less hormone being produced. All that you have to do is to combine two teaspoons of raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water and drink it in the morning as well as before each meal. You should do this daily until you see some improvement to your PCOS.
These are just a few home remedies that are worth trying out to help alleviate the symptoms of PCOS. You can discuss these remedies with your doctor first to see if they can work for you.