Trying to stick to a fitness routine can be challenging at times but for mothers, this often amounts to the impossible especially with the load that they are carrying not just at home but at work too. The question that some mothers are asking is how they will be able to stay fit and healthy if they don’t have time to work out. Well, the good news is that it is always possible to squeeze in some fitness routines in your already busy schedule as long as you are willing to make some tweaks in your schedule. Here are some helpful tips that you can apply to your day if you want to keep yourself in the pink of health.
- Do it first thing in the morning. Most mothers who schedule their workouts later in the day often skip it because of the amount of work that they still need to finish. The best thing to do, therefore, is to schedule your workout early in the day, before you actually get into doing your daily chores. This way, you won’t have any excuse for missing out on your workout.
- Make a plan. Heading to the gym without any idea on what kind of workout you are going to do will only eat up whatever time it is you have set aside for your fitness needs. It’s always a good idea to know what kinds of exercises you will be doing for the day so you can move from one machine to the next with ease.
- Let your kids join. Exercising doesn’t always mean that you should do it alone or while your kids are sleeping. As a matter of fact, why not enlist their aid so they too will get their blood pumping while developing their bones and muscles? Plus, it’s a great way to bond with one another.
- Stealth workouts work. There are times when your schedule is too full to devote an hour or two of exercise but this doesn’t mean that you can’t exercise at all. Squeezing in 10 to 15 minutes of exercise while your kids are watching TV or when your boss is in a meeting is a good way to tone your muscles. By doing these exercises whenever you see a gap in your busy schedule and you’ll still be helping yourself burn fats while strengthening your body.
- Convert any space into your personal gym. You don’t really need to go to the gym to exercise. Even your own bedroom is a good enough place to start getting your heartbeat elevated as long as you know what exercises to do. If you don’t have any equipment at home, you can still do bodyweight exercises to tone muscles or you can invest in portable gym equipment like dumbbells, stability ball, and the like to help you workout in your own little corner.
It’s true that busy moms often have a hard time squeezing in a workout or two in their day but with these tips, it won’t be impossible to see a toner and fitter physique in spite of your busy schedule.