Do you often have to deal with shiny skin in the afternoon? If you have oily skin, you know how difficult it is to keep that extra glow on your skin from constantly appearing. You’re probably retouching your makeup every so often because it often melts with the oil that your skin is producing. It is understandable that you will feel frustrated with your oily skin which is why you can make use of the following home remedies to keep that extra sebum away.
- Don’t wash your face too often. There is a common misconception that washing your face more than three times a day can help get rid of that extra shine on your skin. Well, this actually dries up your skin faster thus causing your body to produce more oil to compensate for the lack of moisture. This is why it is better that you wash your face not more than three times in a day.
- Cleanse your skin. The problem with oily skin is that it can trap more dirt in the pores that can trigger acne and other skin irritations. To combat this problem, you will need to cleanse your skin once in the morning and before going to bed. Choose a foaming facial wash that is slightly acidic to get rid of the dirt and any buildup on your skin while killing the bacteria in the process. Avoid using scrubs or soaps when cleansing your skin because they can aggravate your skin condition further.
- Grate some apple. Another possible remedy to handle your oily skin woes is to exfoliate at least once a week. Exfoliating can help remove dead skin cells that are in the surface of your skin to reveal new skin underneath. After exfoliating, grate an apple and apply the shreds on your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes before washing with warm water.
- Don’t forget to moisturize. You might think that you don’t need to moisturize your skin since you already have an oily skin. Well, this is not really true. Regardless of what skin type you have, you will need to moisturize your skin to lock in the moisture inside for a smooth and supple looking skin. Applying moisturizer also prevents dehydration from happening which is a plus.
- Apply egg whites on your face. Another trick to minimize oily skin is to apply some egg white on your face. Just remove the yolk and spread the egg white on your face and allow to dry. Wash your face afterwards then moisturize.
- Use tomato face pack. Using face packs is also a good solution for your oily skin so why not make your own using tomato? Tomatoes are quite useful because they have a soothing effect on the skin plus essential vitamins that can nourish the skin from the inside. You can mix the tomato pulp with honey and apply all over your face or you can slice some tomatoes and rub them on your skin. Either way, this home remedy is going to reduce oil production while making your skin beautiful naturally.