Who doesn’t want to have perfect nails these days? Women love to color their nails as a form of expression of their current mood or they want to make a statement with their hands. However, not everyone can manage to come up with elegant and perfect looking nails on their own. This isn’t surprising because applying nail polish or nail art can be tricky at times. Fortunately, there are quite a few tips and tricks for getting that right look for your nails on your own. If you want to achieve nails that show off your personality, here are a few tips to try out.
- Dab some glitter. Adding a bit of sparkle in your nails does make a statement but it is also a good trick to cover up badly painted nails. If your glitter polish becomes blobs on your nails when applying, the best approach is to simply dab it on. Just dab a dollop of the polish then even it out.
- White vinegar can make your polish last longer. Don’t you just hate it when you’re wearing your favorite nail polish then it starts to chip after a few days? Well, one of the best ways to preserve your nail color is to soak your nails in white vinegar first before applying your nail polish. Aside from this, applying some nail polish remover prior to painting your nails is believed to make the color last too. You might want to try both to see which one works best for you.
- Remove stains with toothpaste. Have you ever experienced seeing your nails stained even after removing the nail polish you applied? The quickest way to solve this little problem is to spread some whitening toothpaste onto your nails then scrub it using an old toothbrush of yours. Wash afterwards to get rid of the stain.
- Band aids can be used for French tips. French tipped nails exude elegance and beauty but doing them on your own can be quite tricky at times. It’s quite tempting to buy a kit for French manicure but why bother when you can use band-aid instead? Apply your choice of color first then leave it to dry for a few hours. Add sheer band-aids on your nails then proceed with your French tip manicure.
- Keep away from the sun and wind when applying nail color. Another trick that you should keep in mind when doing your nails is to stay away from the fan or the sun when applying nail polish as these two can damage the drying process and cause bubbles to appear on your nails. You should also make sure that your nails are completely dry before you apply any nail polish to prevent uneven application.
- Add some glitter to your gel manicure. It’s true that gel manicures don’t chip easily but it’s easy to spot when your nails become longer. A quick fix for this is to swipe some glitter polish at the bottom of your nails to cover the space up. The glitter will add some style to your current nail polish for sure.
- Patience is essential. This is probably the most important thing for you to have when it comes to getting those perfect looking nails. Blowing on your nails won’t make it dry fast because there is moisture coming from your mouth. If you are in a hurry and you want your nails to be done quickly, you can use your blow dryer’s cool setting to dry it up fast.
Achieving perfect nails on your own is possible. With a little bit of patience and following the tips and tricks mentioned above, your nails will look like they’re done by a pro once you are done with them.