You’ve probably experienced a time when you just feel hungry throughout the day. This may be due to lack of energy because you slept late last night, hormonal imbalances, or you’re just plain hungry. If you’re watching your weight, then you know how frustrating this feeling can be because you are worried that you’ll eat more calories than is necessary. The good news is that there are plenty of low calorie snacks that won’t make you gain weight at all.
- Black rice. You’ve probably swapped your white rice with brown to make your rice consumption healthier but why not try black rice? Black rice isn’t all that popular but it is actually a good source of antioxidants and plenty of fiber too. What makes this option even better is that it is low in calorie and carbohydrate content compared to white and brown rice. Half a cup of this rice only contains 90 calories as opposed to white rice that has 102 calories and 108 for brown rice. Sprinkle some on your salads for added benefits.
- Chocolate almond protein bars. If you are craving for something sweet, ditch the chocolate bar from your fridge and instead opt for something healthier like the chocolate almond protein bars. Both chocolates and almonds contain antioxidants, protein, and other essential nutrients that will not only satisfy your sweet tooth but will help improve your overall health. The best part is that you can tweak the recipe to add healthier ingredients like cinnamon to add a nice kick to it.
- Watermelon. Another low calorie snack that will fit right in your weight loss program is watermelon. This fruit packs plenty of water, fiber, and vitamin C plus it is low in calories so you can eat as many as you want without worrying about your weight. Watermelon is actually a staple during the summer and you can prepare it in any way that you want.
- Salted carrot chips. If you are looking for something salty to munch on, skip the chips and instead, prepare some salted carrot chips which is not only salty but savory too. A serving of this yields up to 79 calories only. If you are not a fan of carrots, try spinach chips which is light and quite satisfying too.
- Soups. Did you know that adding soups to your meals can help reduce the amount of calories that you consume during meal time? This is why it is always a good idea to have some soup with vegetables before the main course when dining out because it will help fill your belly up so you won’t be tempted to eat a lot.
These low-calorie snacks are just perfect for those times when you want to keep your calorie consumption down. What’s even better about these foods is that they are readily available and will only take a few moments of your time to actually prepare. So if you’re hungry but you want to keep your calorie intake low, try these foods out.