Belly fats is probably one of the most popular reasons as to why people find the need to trim down and head to the gym. People in general find themselves un-attractive and less appealing if they have bulges all around, especially in the mid-section of their body. Eliminating stomach fats is not an easy feat though; one has to have the discipline and perseverance to follow a certain diet plus exercise regimen for them to achieve the results they desire. Here are some basic tips to follow on how to start churning those stomach fats fast;
1. Start eating healthy. Put yourself on a low-fat diet. These are the two main causes of excess fats being accumulated in the body– lack of exercise and unhealthy food intake. Simply explained, you can exercise for hours every day, but if you keep on eating red meat and sugary treats afterwards, then it won’t make much of a difference to your body; the fats will still pile in. A good diet should be composed mainly of vegetables, fruits and low-fat protein. Start reading the labels of the food that you take and check their nutritional content. Remember to stay clear of sweets, oils, and food that are high in fat content.
Also, do not deprive yourself of food. Remember that when you allow yourself to get extremely hungry, your body will automatically go into some kind of starvation mode which lowers your metabolic rate in order to conserve energy. Plus, feeling deprived will make you binge-eat more when given the chance which can result to more calories consumed. So to ensure that this doesn’t happen, make sure that you balance your meals. Eat when you’re hungry but do it in relative moderation. Studies have shown that eating 4-6 small meals a day is way better consuming 3 big meals on a 24-hour basis.
2. Do some cardiovascular exercises. This is a fool-proof way of burning those fats. Run a mile each day. Jog. Walk your dog. Shoot some hoops. Jump rope. Dance. You don’t need to go to the gym to kick up a sweat. The key word here is staying active. Think of ways to make it fun so you’ll think of it as a worthwhile activity as opposed to it being a chore.
3. Do some laps in the pool a few times a week. Swimming is a good cardiovascular work-out that defines your entire body. Not only is it a refreshing activity, it actually helps in eliminating stomach fats.
4. Do not limit yourself to abdominal crunches; start performing your upper, lower and oblique abdominal exercises as well. These are essential in working out all of the muscles located in your stomach area.
And for added variety to your workout routine, try planking. This exercise is guaranteed to give your core a workout leaving you with flatter abs in no time.
- Find ways to increase your metabolism; it’s your body’s natural way of utilizing fats. Exercising increase your metabolism rate and so is eating right. Experts recommend an individual to eat five small meals a day as opposed to eating large or full meals thrice a day. Eating small portions of food frequently causes you are system to burn those calories off quicker.6. Do not eat before sleeping; this will hamper your metabolic rate. This will result with you having more stomach fat to burn the next day. A good rule to follow is to avoid eating three hours prior to you retiring off to sleep.