Eating the same fruits everyday starting to get boring? Kids don’t fancy your fruit platter? Spice up your fruit with these delicious dips!
These easy to make fruit dips can make a regular fruit platter to a appealing party food.
1. Creamy Lemon Fruit Dip:
Add a little zest to your basic fruit platter with this easy to make creamy lemon fruit dip. This dip gives a refreshing after taste, it will surely leave you wanting more. You will surely eat more fruit than you normally would. All you need are Lemon juice, Honey and Greek yogurt.
- Combine ¼ cup lemon juice and ¼ cup honey in a saucepan. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes, wait until it becomes a little condensed. Remove from heat and let it cool down. When the mixture is cool add in a cup of non-fat yogurt. You can serve this with a garnish of lemon zest or mint leaves.
2. Pumpkin Fruit Dip:
This yummy pumpkin dip are great for the adults, it is packed with antioxidants and minerals that boost the body’s immune system. It is a perfect dip for fresh apples and melon slices. This is a great dip for fall garden parties; this recipe caters to 6-8 people and contains 107 calories. All you need to make this dip are low fat/non- fat cream cheese, coconut sugar or brown sugar, honey or maple syrup, canned pumpkin and cinnamon powder.
- Add ¾ cup of cream cheese, ½ cup sugar and half a cup of canned pumpkin in a mixer and blend in medium speed. Remove from the mixer and place in a chilled bowl, add in syrup/ honey and cinnamon. Mix all the ingredients together. Cover the bowl and let it chill in the fridge for 3 minutes. Serve with freshly cut fruits.
3. Strawberry Fruit Dip:
This is one of the easiest fruit dip you can make. This dip gives a sweet and light taste to your fruits. This dip topped with fresh strawberry slices is good enough to eat on its own. All you need are, Non-fat or Low-fat whipped cream and strawberry yogurt.
- Mix together one container of strawberry yogurt and a container of whipped cream. Garnish with freshly sliced strawberry slices. You can add a teaspoon of honey if you want it to be sweeter.
4. White Chocolate Fruit Dip
This sweet and yummy dip is great with peaches, melons, granny smith apples and bananas. All you need is a half a cup of white chocolate pudding (low fat) and a container of whipped topping (low fat).
- Whisk together white chocolate pudding and whipped topping together. Mix until it becomes more condensed. Chill in the fridge for 3 minutes and garnish with dark chocolate shavings.
5. Dark Chocolate Fruit Dip:
This fruit dip is great for a healthy fondue session with the girls. It is easy to make and great on the skin. Chocolate contains high amounts of antioxidants and caffeine. All you need for this recipe is a bark of dark chocolate or half a cup of dark chocolate chips, nonfat whipped topping and 4 ounces of fat free cream cheese.
- Boil four cups of water in a saucepan and place a steel bowl on top, place the dark chocolate in the bowl and mix until it melts. Remove the melted chocolate and spoon it in a mixer, add cream cheese and whipped topping in. Mix until smooth and served warm or cold.
6. Healthy Caramel Sauce:
A classic fruit dip for any occasion, this works well with peaches, bananas and apples. It can also bu used for other baking recipes you want to try. The ingredients you’ll need is a cup of coconut sugar, ¼ cup water, nonfat skimmed milk, half a teaspoon of vanilla extract, a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of margarine.
- Combine sugar in water in a non-stick saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat and wait until the sugar dissolves. When the sugar dissolves cover the saucepan and increase the heat a little and let it boil for a minute. Remove the cover and lower the heat to medium to low heat, wait until the mixtures turns golden. Remove from heat and let it sit for a minute. Take a spoonful of margarine and dump it in the saucepan. Mix it together with the liquid until it melts. Slowly add milk to the mixture. When the mixture start to harden, place over medium heat and stir. When the mixtures liquefy add in a pinch of salt and vanilla extract. Serve warm or cold. You can use this dip with ice creams and pies too.
These amazing healthy and easy recipes will surely make eating fruits more enjoyable. You can also use these dips in fruits and vegetable platters. Serve this as a quick appetizers or desserts during family gatherings.