Having thick, luxurious hair is a source of pride for us which is why, when we see patches of thinning hair, we tend to become bothered by it. There are several factors that can contribute to hair loss such as diet, disease, and medication. Poor hygiene can also be a source of this problem which is why you need to double your effort in maintaining your hair’s health.
But for those whose hair is starting to fall off, you can try the following home remedies to relieve this problem.
- Onion juice. One home remedy that can help you with your hair loss problems is onion juice. This juice packs a high amount of sulfur which can reduce inflammation, boost blood circulation, while at the same time help your hair follicles regenerate. Another plus to using onion juice is that its antibacterial properties can help kill of germs and other parasites that trigger hair loss. For this treatment, you need to harvest the juice by grating a single onion. Strain it before applying the juice on your hair and scalp. Let it soak for 30 minutes then rinse afterwards.
- Aloe vera. Another effective home remedy against hair loss is aloe vera. What this plant can do is to soothe your scalp to promote better hair growth. Aloe vera can also help clear up excess sebum from your scalp so that your hair can grow better. Just get a leaf from the aloe vera plant and harvest the gel inside the leaf. Apply this on your hair and massage for a few minutes. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing.
- Indian gooseberry. Hair loss can be treated with the help of Indian gooseberry. This particular plant contains high amounts of vitamin C which can correct any vitamin C deficiency. It also has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, as well as antibacterial properties that promote better hair growth and healthier scalp. You just need to mix lemon juice and Indian gooseberry. Massage the solution on your hair and scalp then cover your hair with your shower cap. Leave the solution overnight then wash your hair the next morning.
- Rosemary oil. If you are suffering from dandruff, flaky scalp, and the like, you’re most likely experiencing hair loss too. A good remedy for this is using rosemary oil to help alleviate these symptoms of hair loss. You can apply the oil directly or mix it with other carrier oil for better results.
- Chinese hibiscus. Another known remedy for hair loss is the Chinese hibiscus. Aside from treating loss of hair, this flower can also be used to treat dandruff, reduce premature graying of hair, promote stronger hair strands, and prevents split ends. To create this solution, mix coconut oil and Chinese hibiscus flowers. Heat the solution until charred then strain afterwards to get the oil. Apply the oil on your hair before you go to sleep and leave it overnight. Wash your hair the following day. You should repeat this treatment a few times in a week.