Detox beverages are a great way to cleanse the body and help the digestive system breakdown and digest food faster. Detox drinks are also a huge part of different weight loss programs. Detox drinks are made help boost the liver’s ability to filter out toxins. The less toxins in your body the better it can function.
There are also certain detox drinks will cleanse the body and aid weight loss. This drink can help improve the digestive system, boost the metabolism and help use stored energy or fat in the body.
Here are some easy to make detox drinks you can do at home:
1. Mocha Breakfast Shake
This breakfast smooth is a great energy boosting pre-workout shake. It contains energy boosting caffeine and protein for a better workout. Caffeine and chocolate are filled with antioxidant and metabolism boosting components that will guarantee a more effective workout. The protein in this drink will also help increase muscle mass and muscle regeneration.
- 1 tsp of ground coffee
- A cup of Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- A scoop of protein powder
- ½ banana
- Half cup of low fat milk
- Pour all the ingredients in the morning to create this yummy breakfast shake.
2. Matcha Mango Pineapple Smoothie
Matcha is a green tea powder used in traditional Japanese tea ceremonies. Matcha is packed with antioxidant and metabolism booster. Adding in fiber rich pineapple and nutrients rich mango will surely boost the health benefits of this delectable smoothie. This is a great tropical drink in the summer.
- A scoop of protein powder
- Honey for sweetness
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice
- 11/2 tsp matcha green tea
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks/ fresh mango
- 1 cup of pineapple, canned/ fresh
- 1 cup water
- Place all the ingredients and blend until smooth. This drink is great for early morning workouts.
3. Detox Water
This concoction is a delicious fat eliminator and detox drink for anybody. This drink uses five healthy and amazing ingredients that fight fat and eliminate toxin in the body. This a great replacement for regular everyday water. The ingredients include tangerine, cucumber, grapefruit, mint and of course water.
Ingredients and their benefits:
- Half a Gallon of Water – water flushes out toxins in the body and essential for bodily function.
- 6 Wedges Grapefruit – grapefruit helps boost the metabolism.
- A cup of sliced Cucumber – lessen cravings and keeps you fuller longer.
- One Tangerine (sliced) – tangerine helps the body to absorb glucose. It uses glucose as a source of energy instead of storing it into fat.
- 2 Mint Leaves – improves the digestive system.
- Ice (optional)
- Clean all the ingredients and place in a pitcher. Leave the mixture for 2 hours for the water to absorb the nutrients and minerals. Drink throughout the day as much as you want. You can also create ice cube versions of these. Instead of drinking the concoction, let it sit for two hours and place in ice cube trays (with the ingredients).
4. Detox Blueberry Fruit Smoothie
Blueberries are known for its detoxifying qualities and antioxidant content. Add a little fiber and potassium by adding yummy banana. Adding cranberry juice will add an extra health boost to your drink. Cranberry is great for treating urinary tract infection, with all these “super foods” in your drinks how can you go wrong? You can add half a cup of Greek yogurt to this drink if you want it to be creamier. This drink depends on your preference on how much you want for each ingredient, but here is the basic recipe.
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1-2 bananas
- ¼ cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth. You can add ice to the mixture if you don’t have frozen blueberries. You can also add other berries such as strawberry and raspberry. You can add fat free vanilla ice cream or yogurt to this mixture for an easy to make detox dessert.
Most detox drinks need the accompany of light and solid foods. These detox drinks weren’t designed to replace all your regular meals, but it can be used to substitute heavy meals for weight loss. These drinks won’t work if you don’t accompany it with regular exercise and a health lifestyle. Before participating in a long term detox consult your physician.