Do you hate store-bought banana bread that’s free of gluten because it’s dry and crumbly, not to mention costs a lot more than regular banana bread? Then the best thing that you can do is learn how to make gluten-free banana bread right in your own kitchen. You don’t have to be a prized baker with years of experience just to make banana bread that can make having a gluten-free life a less challenging and more palatable endeavor.
Making banana bread that’s devoid of gluten from scratch won’t take up much of your time. However, you have to get your hands on some baking essentials, such as gluten-free all-purpose flour and baking soda. Of course you also need to invest in loaf pans if you are planning on making gluten-free banana bread on a regular basis.
But when it comes to the single most important ingredient which is banana, it shouldn’t be a problem. That’s because you can use overripe bananas for the recipe, and that means saving lots of cash! Rather than going straight to the garbage, those overripe bananas in the kitchen that no one bothers to eat can be turned into bread that your family members and friends will be delighted to have, especially those who are steering clear of gluten!
Other than being free of gluten, the banana bread you will later on learn to bake comes with a wide variety of health perks, all of which are courtesy of those bananas you have to mash and add to the rest of the ingredients.
Everyone knows that bananas are excellent sources of fiber, and that’s why including them in the diet on a regular basis can help keep at bay constipation. Also, it’s common knowledge that bananas are premier sources of potassium, and this is why they are perfect for people who have high blood pressures.
Increased resistance to infections, improved process of digestion, regulated levels of glucose in the blood, relieved symptoms of acid reflux, reduced craving for unhealthy foods, optimized functioning of the kidneys, lifted mood — all of these are health benefits that are offered by bananas, according to experts. So in other words, regularly serving your homemade gluten-free banana bread on the table can be very favorable for everyone!
Now let’s take a look at the easy-to-follow gluten-free banana bread recipe:
- 5 medium-sized bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups of gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of canola oil
- 1/2 cup of applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- Get your oven preheated to 350°F.
- Peel the bananas. If there are black spots, remove them. Mash all of the bananas with a fork. You should end up with about 2 cups of mashed bananas.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat all 4 large eggs.
- Afterwards, whisk in mashed bananas, granulated sugar, unsweetened applesauce, pure vanilla extract and canola oil.
- Grab a large mixing bowl. Combine gluten-free all-purpose flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- Stir into the large mixing bowl the mashed banana mix you made earlier.
- Reach for a pair of 8-inch x 4-inch loaf pans. Lightly coat them with cooking or baking spray.
- Transfer into those loaf pans the mixture.
- Stash the loaf pans in the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until cooked. You can tell that the banana bread is cooked by doing this: insert a toothpick near the center of the banana bread and pull it out — if it’s clean, then your baked treat is ready.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack for several minutes.
- Remove from the loaf pans, slice and serve.