You and your family love a hearty breakfast. However, each one of you has a food allergy. So instead of making a different treat for each one of you every morning, why not whip up something that everyone can enjoy without worrying about their health? Below you will learn how to make pancakes that are free of dairy, eggs and gluten!
Just because you don’t have any food allergy doesn’t mean that you won’t benefit from this particular pancake recipe. No matter if you are trying to lose weight or reduce the amount of cholesterol in your blood, this recipe is for you.
There is no need for you or any member of your household to feel deprived because of certain health issues. With the recipe found below, serving delectable pancakes on the morning table is very much possible. But you may also excite your family with these pancakes at any given time of the day, not just in the morning!
Definitely, you will need to get your hands on a box of gluten-free all-purpose flour for this wonderful breakfast project. But there is no need to have a headache because such product is available at most supermarkets and baking supplies stores since going gluten-free is something that’s being done by many, not just those with celiac disease.
Cow’s milk is certainly out of the picture. In its place is your preferred dairy-free milk alternative. Yes, anything you like is perfectly fine — coconut milk, soy milk, almond milk, cashew milk or oat milk.
Another thing that makes this dairy-, egg- and gluten-free pancake so good for the health is the fact that it contains ground flaxseed! According to experts, flaxseed is rich in healthy fats that promote lower bad cholesterol and lower heart disease risk. Those healthy fats are also good for your skin and hair.
What’s more, flaxseed is loaded with dietary fiber. This is excellent news as it will make your healthy pancake rich in fiber, thus helping to ward off constipation! Experts say that fiber also helps lower colon cancer risk.
Without further ado, let’s check out the said recipe which yields up to a dozen of 4-inch pancakes that are entirely free of dairy, eggs and gluten:
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour (gluten-free)
- 1 cup of your favorite milk alternative
- 1/4 cup of applesauce (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed (ground)
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- Grab a medium-sized mixing bowl. Place all-purpose gluten-free flour, ground flaxseed, cinnamon powder, baking powder and sea salt in it.
- Very slowly add your preferred milk alternative into the dry ingredients. Continuously stir with a wooden spoon as you do so.
- Add the raw honey, applesauce and vanilla extract into the mixing bowl. Stir very well.
- Grab a frying pan or griddle. Have it greased and heated on your stove using medium heat.
- Using a ladle, pour about 1/4 cup of your batter on the frying pan or griddle.
- After 1 to 2 minutes or when bubbles are already forming, flip the pancake with a spatula. Allow the other side to cook.
- Have the rest of the batter cooked. Serve.
That’s how really simple it is to enjoy pancakes that are absolutely devoid of dairy, eggs and gluten! As you can see, having food allergy or wanting to be healthier doesn’t necessarily equate to having a boring breakfast. With the use of healthy syrup plus the addition of berries or other fruit slices, mornings can be so healthy and wonderful!