Most women wish they have thick hair with plenty of volume as opposed to dull and limp mane but the problem is that many are not really sure how they will be able to pull this off because of their hair type. The good news is that adding more volume to the hair is possible with just a few tips and tricks that hair care experts often recommend.
For those who want to give their hair more volume, these tips are for you.
- Use specialized hair products for more volume. Using your regular shampoo and conditioner won’t guarantee that your hair will have more volume unless the product that you are using is designed for this function. After shampooing your hair with a volumizing shampoo, apply conditioner only in the length of the hair. This way, you will be able to maintain the volume of your hair for hours.
- Focus on your roots. Another trick to adding more volume to your hair is to wake the roots up. You can do this by massaging your scalp while you are in the shower especially after using a shampoo that is designed to clean the hair and scalp thoroughly. Even a few minutes’ worth of massage will get your roots and hair to wake up in an instant.
- Skip the two-in-one hair products. For those who think that they can save money with using the two-in-one hair products, you’re not. These hair care products can actually make your hair go limp plus they can crowd your hair follicles causing damage to them.
- Sustain the lift. If you want to add volume to your hair naturally, tie your hair in a loose bun until you reach your destination. Remove the hair band and let your locks free minus worrying about the indentation on your hair caused by the hair tie. Plump up your locks with your hands and enjoy more volume on your hair in no time.
- Go upside down. Most women apply hair spray on their hair to maintain its volume but why not do it upside down? Just bring your hair upside down, spray a small amount of styling spray, leave it for a few seconds then style based on your preference. For sure you will be surprised to see how your hair has more volume than before.
- Use hot rollers. Another step to adding more volume to your hair is to use hot rollers. Keep in mind that if you want more volume, you should go for the bigger curls using heated rollers or pin-ups. The good news is that you don’t have to leave the curlers on overnight. However, you should apply some holding spray while styling your hair to ensure that it will hold.
- Avoid overloading your hair. As much as you would like to apply various serums, conditioners, and the like on your hair to retain its volume, too much hair products can actually have the opposite effect. Keep in mind that less is more when it comes to adding volume to hair.
- Volumizing hairsprays and mousse are better. When it comes to volumizing hair, skip wearing hair masks, serums and the like as they will only make your hair hang limp around your face. What you need to use are volumizing mousse and hairsprays as they can give you the results that you are looking for.
There is simply no reason for you to deal with dry, dull, and limp hair especially when you can follow any of these tricks to add more volume to your locks. With these tips in mind, you will become more confident in showing off your true beauty with your hair beautifully styled.