Sweating a lot when you’re working out intensely is normal. Developing sweat stains while barbecuing on a summer night is normal. Sweating buckets while you’re just sitting down or when you’re out on a date, however, can be a bit embarrassing.
Millions of people all over the world are suffering from hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating. These are the ones whose hands and feet are too wet which can be a source of embarrassment for them. Fortunately, this particular problem can be remedied with a few steps. If you are one of those who tend to shy away from shaking hands because of sweaty palms, you might want to try out these treatments to minimize hyperhidrosis.
- Skip caffeine and spicy foods. Who doesn’t love to drink coffee or eat spicy food? Caffeinated drinks give us the jolt we need when we’re sleepy and that jalapeno burrito with hot sauce? Well, your taste buds will surely be rejoicing! Unfortunately, these foods can trigger the neurotransmitters in your brain which can lead you to sweat excessively. So the next time you’re thinking of binging on spicy foods or drinking several cups of coffee in a day, you might want to think twice about it.
- Take a cold shower. Although cold showers may be a bit uncomfortable at first, it can help minimize excessive sweating. Pair this up with antibacterial soap so that any bacteria that may be clinging to your skin will be removed or killed off for less odor.
- Apply antiperspirant. Our sweat glands are not overly active at night which makes it a good time to apply antiperspirant. This way, even when you take a shower in the morning, the ingredients from the antiperspirant are already absorbed by your body and are already doing their work.
- Drink plenty of water. If you want to put a stop to your excessive sweating, you should drink plenty of water, specifically up to 8 glasses or more per day depending on how physically active you are. When you drink water regularly, your body will cool down so you won’t feel too hot. What’s more, the toxins can be flushed from your body which can have numerous health benefits on your part.
- Keep calm. One reason why you suffer from excessive sweating is because you are too stressed. Train to keep your mind in a calm state and your body will respond equally.
- Wear loose clothing. Another tip that you should keep in mind when it comes to minimizing your sweating is to choose clothes that are loose and breathable. This way, you won’t be stifled in your movements and sweat can evaporate fairly quickly so there will be fewer stains to worry about. As much as possible, choose clothing that is made mostly from cotton as it is cooler. If you sweat excessively read the labels and check if they can get rid of moisture quickly.
- Bring extra clothing. If you want to look cool even when you have hyperhidrosis, you should bring an extra change of clothing whenever you go out. This way, if you sweat too much to the point that your shirt is drenched, you can always go change into a new top.
- Did you know that doing yoga can actually help with your excessive sweating? This exercise is not just about developing muscles and flexibility but it is also about learning how to breathe properly and how to calm one’s mind. This in turn can help you keep your nerves healthy so that you can reduce the amount of sweat that you produce.