Sagging skin is not unusual as you age because our body is not producing enough collagen to keep our skin plump and tight. With the lack of elasticity to hold our skin in place, it is not really surprising that loose skin starts to appear under the eyes, chin, neck, and other areas of the body. There are other factors that contribute to the appearance of sagging skin such as UV rays coming from the sun, smoking and drinking alcohol, lack of sleep, and even stress. Fortunately, you can keep sagging skin at bay safely with these tips.
- Lemon. Lemon contains vitamin C that can help with collagen production. You just need to get the juice from the fruit and apply on your face and neck. Leave it for 10 minutes then rinse afterwards. You should repeat this at least three times in a day then apply moisturizer afterwards.
- Moisturize every day. Another trick to help tighten your skin is to apply moisturizer every day. Don’t be stingy in moisturizing your face and neck especially when you are prone to dry skin. You need to do this regularly to ensure that your skin receives enough moisture to keep it firm and smooth.
- Honey. What’s great about honey is that it has hydrating, anti-aging, and antioxidant properties that can prevent sagging skin. For this remedy, combine a few drops of olive oil and lemon juice with three teaspoons of honey. Mix the ingredients thoroughly then apply on your face as well as neck. Rinse afterwards. You should do this treatment at least twice a day.
- Sunscreen. Like it was mentioned before, our skin can sag if it is constantly exposed to sunlight which is why it is always a good idea to use sunscreen whenever you go out. Beauty experts recommend that you apply a strong sunscreen at least 20 minutes before you leave the house so you will have the protection you need.
- Cucumber. Cucumber is considered as one of the best toners not to mention that it has the ability to refresh and rejuvenate your tired looking skin. To use this remedy, grind some cucumber and squeeze after in a strainer to get its juice. Apply the juice on your face and neck and leave it for a few minutes or until the juice dries. Rinse afterwards. This should be done once a day.
- Eat right. You also need to pay attention to what goes inside your body. This means that you have to choose the right kinds of food to go into your diet to help boost collagen production and to increase the antioxidants in your body for protection against various elements. Vegetables, fruits, fish, whole grains, lean meat and the like are among those that can help you keep younger looking skin.
- Oil massage. Another remedy to combat sagging skin is to massage your face and neck with natural oil to help keep it moist, supple, and strong. Olive oil, almond oil, and coconut oil are just a few examples of natural oils that are good for the skin. You can start by warming some oil in the microwave then apply on skin. Massage for 10 minutes then rinse afterwards.
- Sleep. Getting enough sleep is important when it comes to preventing sagging skin. Keep in mind that it is when our body is at rest will it start to repair itself. Sleeping for 8 hours is usually the best as it gives your body ample time to heal. Afterwards, you will find that your skin will look much better than it did yesterday.