Having trouble with dry and damaged hair? You are not the only one who seems to be battling bad hair days because a lot of people are struggling on how to make their mane go back to the way it was before. There are many factors that can contribute to the damage to your hair such as your choice of shampoo and conditioner, hair treatments, the food you eat, your current health problem, and even the medication you are taking. Most would turn to over-the-counter hair products to solve this problem but sometimes going the natural route is considerably better and cheaper too.
If you want to treat your dry and damaged hair as soon as possible, these 6 home remedies can do the trick.
- Olive oil. To bring back moisture to your hair, try olive oil. You will need to heat a half a cup of olive oil but don’t bring it to a boil. Rub the oil onto your hair before sealing your hair with a plastic bag. Wrap a towel around your head and let the oil sit for about 45 minutes. Remove the towel and plastic bag to rinse your hair thoroughly with shampoo.
- Egg. Damaged hair can be caused by lack of nutrients which can be easily remedied if you use eggs on your hair. Egg yolks in particular contain minerals, protein, as well as fatty acids that can help in nourishing your hair to make it become stronger and healthier in the process. You will need to whisk one egg before applying on your hair and scalp. Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse the egg from your hair using cool water and shampoo as usual.
- Apple cider vinegar mask. Damaged or limp hair can be revived using a few ingredients. For this hair mask, you will need to combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, and 3 egg whites. Add the mixture onto your hair and cover it with a shower cap or plastic hat. Leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing and shampooing.
- Aloe vera. When it comes to repairing hair, aloe vera is a good choice as it can help soothe dry and damaged hair. It also contains amino acids, vitamin C, enzymes, and vitamin E which are all needed for restoring the natural beauty of your tresses. To use this herbal treatment, you will need to apply the juice of the aloe on your hair. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes before washing it using your shampoo and water.
- Use sandalwood oil. Another treatment that can help with your dry and damaged hair is to use sandalwood oil. You only need to combine a few drops of jojoba oil with a few drops of sandalwood oil on your palm, rub the mixture with your palms and apply on your hair from the roots to the tips. This will instantly smoothen out your hair and treat brittle hair strands.
- Rinse your hair with tea. Drinking tea provides you with numerous health benefits from faster metabolism to mental alertness. But did you know that it can also be good for your hair? You can use a quart of warm tea to rinse your hair after you shampoo to make its natural color more vibrant. If you have dyed your hair, choose a tea that will work best for your tresses. For example, those with blond hair should go for chamomile tea if they want to retain the light color of their hair while dark tea if they want to make their hair one shade darker.