People are obsessed with losing weight these days not just because their favorite actors are showing off their slim and toned bodies but because we are at high risk of gaining excess weight now more than ever. Just think about the kinds of food that we eat and the lifestyle that we are living. Most likely you’ve been eating out at least four to five times a week and that by the time you get home, you just park yourself in front of your TV and do nothing. After all, you are entitled to a little R and R right?
Unfortunately, these habits of ours are the reasons why we see the number on our weighing scale is slowly creeping upwards. The good news is that there are a lot of ways to stop this from happening such as changing our sedentary lifestyle and eating habits. And when it comes to food, adding these fruits can certainly help us shed some pounds.
- Watermelon. When it comes to losing weight, one of the best fruits to add to your diet is watermelon because it contains up to 90% water and around 30 calories per 100 grams of serving. It also contains arginine which is a compound that aids in burning fats. So aside from hydrating your body, watermelon can also keep your stomach full so you won’t be tempted to eat more during meal times.
- Tart cherries. Adding tart cherries to your diet can actually help with reducing fat particularly in your midsection as this fruit not only contains antioxidants that can help remove the free radicals in our body but its consumption can actually alter the fat genes in our body. So if you want to lose weight and see the fats around your midsection diminish, tart cherries should be part of your diet.
- Peaches. Fruits that have pits like plums, peaches, and nectarines are also worth considering in your weight loss diet because they can keep metabolic syndrome at bay. The term metabolic syndrome is used to describe a group of risk factors with belly fat being one of its symptoms that can lead to obesity and other health problems associated with it. What makes these fruits so powerful is because of the phenolic compounds present in them that can regulate expression of fat genes.
- Apple. Aside from keeping the doctor at bay, apples are actually good for weight loss. This particular fruit offers numerous health benefits from preventing cancer to treating constipation and diarrhea to boosting one’s immune system. If you are aiming to lose weight, eating a medium sized apple is enough to keep your belly full because it contains up to 50 calories and it doesn’t have any sodium or fat in it. Women who eat an apple prior to having their meals have reduced their fat percentage up to 33%. Not bad right?
- Berries. Of course, when it comes to losing weight, you shouldn’t forget to have berries in your diet. Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries are good additions to your weight loss diet because they contain high amounts of antioxidants such as polyphenols which not only assist in reducing your weight but it can also help prevent fats from actually forming! Eating three servings of berries per day can definitely have positive results for those who want to shed excess pounds.
These fruits are just a few that are worth mentioning if ever you are looking for help when it comes to bringing your weight back down. What’s great about eating fruits is that they are also packed with vitamins and minerals that are important to one’s overall health so you are getting a lot out of them in your diet.