The heat of the summer is here. It’s time to embrace the fitted tops, bikini and shorts. Oh no, after months of wearing comfy sweaters and loose shirts you’ve managed to gain a muffin top unannounced. Don’t worry though, there are different ways to shed the muffin top away. Before rushing to the beach give yourself a week or two to melt the muffin top away.
Get in tip top shape by targeting your problem areas. Perform Cardio exercise to help lose weight all over the body, lower calorie intake and perform muffin top melting exercises.
Here are some of the best exercises to burn the muffin top away.
- Jack knives are a great low impact move. It can help trim the abdominal area and tone the muscles. This is a great move when you want to aim a six pack.
- Start by laying on a yoga mat, body straight. Keep your leg straight and place your arms above your head. Create a straight line with your body.
- Perform the jack knife raising your arm and leg in the air and making them meet in the middle. You should be balancing your body using your bottom. You should feel tension in your abdominal muscles.
- Slowly let go of this position and lower your arms and legs. Go back to lying on your back.
- Repeat this move for 30 to 50 times
Upgrade Jack Knives
- If you find the basic jack knife move too easy, you can upgrade the move by using an exercise ball.
- Place your exercise ball on the end of the yoga mat and lie on it, face down. Place your stomach in the middle of the ball and place your hands on the ground. Use your hands to crawl forward and stop when the ball reaches your ankle. Keep this position, this will be your starting point.
- Keep your balance and try to bend your knees towards your torso. Keep a straight back and use your abdominal muscle contracted. Use your ABS to support your body.
- Straighten your legs and go back to the starting position. Repeat this step for 10 repetitions with 2 to 3 sets.
- If you are consistent with this exercise you will see results within 4 days. If this move is starting to feel too easy you can add more repetition or sets.
- This is a great exercise for your love handles. You can do this move any time of the day. It is low impact and won’t cause you to sweat too much.
- Simply stand with feet hip width apart. If you want, you can carry 3 to 5 pound weight in each hand, but you can do this without it.
- Keep your hands to your side and maintain a straight posture. This will be your starting position.
- Now, simply bend your body to one side, as if you are trying to reach your right ankle with your right hand. Return to starting position and repeat on the other side.
- Do 50 reps on each side.
- This muffin top melting move is not only great for the abdominal area, it also works the leg and back muscles.
- Start in a basic standing position, keep your feet shoulder length apart and slightly bend your knees. Place your hands on the back of your head, elbows wide. This will be your starting position.
- Keep your core strong and prevent your hips or legs from moving. Twist your shoulder to one side, isolating the hips. Return to original position and twist to the other side.
- Repeat this step 50 times on each side. You can upgrade this move by stretching your arm out or holding on to 2 to 4 pound weights in each hand.
- You can perform this abdominal toning exercise in a yoga mat or any flat surface.
- Position yourself in the mat, as if you are going to perform a pushup.
- Bend your elbows and shift your weight to your forearm. Keep your back straight from your ankle to your shoulders. Your bottom should not pivot upward. Contract your abs and try to hold this position for 15 seconds.
- Repeat this move from 3 to 5 minutes every day.
Complete these exercises at least 4 to 5 times a week to see a significant difference in your abdominal area. Pair these exercises with a healthy diet and thirty minute of cardio exercises. Avoid drinking sugary or fizzy drink during this period and prevent being in a sedentary position for more than an hour.