The Acai Palm tree is where the Acai berries are harvested from. This specie of the palm tree is indigenous and native to the rainforests of Brazil. Also known asthe “fruit that expels or cries water”, the global demand for the fruits that this specific type of palm tree bears has rapidly expanded in the more recent years, mainly because of numerous health benefits that the berries provide. The berries, in addition to being edible and extremely tasty fruits, are also packed full of amino acids, essential omegas, and potent antioxidants, which is why they are used in many different applications and products.
The Nutritional Makeup of the Acai Berries
In fact, the Acai berry is considered to be one of the most nutritious and remarkable fruits, which is why this fruit is being refereed to by a lot of people as the “Number One Superfood in America.” Taking a closer look at the nutritional makeup of these berries will help you realize the top reasons why this specific fruit that the Acai palm bears is considered as one, if not the top super foods in the United States. So what is present in these berries?Below is a list of the essential vitamins and minerals that comprise the nutritional makeup of these berries:
- Polyphenols including anthocynanins, catechins, and rutin
- Ellagic acid
- Essential Vitamins including Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E
- Essential minerals including potassium, magnesium, zinc, copper, andcalcium
- 19 different types of amino acids, making the berries a good source of protein
- 3 different types of photosterols or plant sterols including campesterol, sigmasterol, and B-sitosterol – all of which has been found to provide a wide array of health benefits to maintain healthy digestive and heart functions
- Healthy Omega fats including the Omega 3 fats, Omega 6 fats, and Omega 9 fats
Popular Uses and Applications of the Acai Berries
- Juice and Juice Extracts
- Pills, Capsules, and Softgels
- Powdered Drinks
High Quality Acai Products for Fast yet Safe Weight Loss
The Different Health Benefits that the Acai Berries Provide
One of the main reasons as to why the popularity of the different products which main ingredient is the Acai fruit is continuously on the rise is because of its excellent weight loss properties. However, there are many other health benefits that these fruits can provide to its users. In addition to helping its consumers lose weight quickly yet in a very safe manner, here are some of the benefits that they will be able to enjoy:
- Improved Circulation – Individuals who are suffering from poor circulation are at risk for many other various health issues such as stroke, heart problems, blood clots, and even hair loss. Taking high quality products that contain Acai berry extracts can prevent these problems from happening. since this fruit is packed full of both Vitamins C and E, which are known to
help in relaxing the blood vessels, which then improves circulation.
Lower Cholesterol Levels – The Acai fruit contains polyphenols, whichinclude the flavonoid anthocynanin. Anthocynanin has been reported to help lower the cholesterol levels naturally. In additionto this, the fruit also contains Omega 3 fatty acids, which also aid in lowering cholesterol levels.
Improved Digestion – In today’s present times wherein a lot of people do not have the time to prepare nutritious and healthy meals, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation are common problems caused by consuming over-processed meals. The Acai berry is a good source of dietary fiber that helps promote and support healthy digestion. The essential vitamins and mineral content of this fruit also helps its consumers bycleansing and regulating the digestive system.
Slower Aging Process – The Acai berry contains potent antioxidants. Antioxidants are very important since these provide protection against inflammation and free radicals that are responsible for premature ageing. The essential amino and fatty acid content of this fruit also aids in preventing cellular damage, which help slow down the aging process andimproves overall health.
Improved Immunity – In addition to slowing down the aging process that the body undergoes, the antioxidant content of the Acai berries also help promote healthier body immunity functions by fighting and eliminating thefree radicals present in the body.