We all want to have that beautiful and smooth looking skin but the way we take of our skin at the moment, most of us do feel frustrated by the lack of results. Yes, we’ve applied plenty of day and night creams and such but how come our skin feels dry and dull? It’s probably because we are forgetting to exfoliate our skin.
Exfoliating isn’t really new in the beauty industry but it is only lately that we are actually seeing its uses. If you are still undecided regarding this matter because you think that exfoliating will only aggravate your skin condition, here are a few reasons why you should actually make it a part of your beauty regimen.
- It slows down aging. Aging is very much part of our lives but this doesn’t mean that we can’t do anything to stop signs of aging from showing. Premature aging often appears on the corners of our mouths, on our forehead, and even around our eyes but did you know that exfoliating can actually slow down the aging process? This is because you are getting rid of the dead skin cells that have built up on your skin to reveal new and healthier cells underneath. What’s more, exfoliating can stimulate blood circulation to help keep your skin plump and healthy.
- It makes your skin smooth. Exfoliating is actually crucial to your skin’s health because you are removing the buildup of dead skin. What happens is that new skin is revealed which is why it feels smooth to the touch.
- It removes buildup. You’ve probably noticed that your skin appears dull and dry from time to time. Well, this is probably due to the amount of dead skin that has buildup on the surface. This actually clogs your pores and make you prone to acne breakouts and other skin issues. However, exfoliating your skin regularly not only helps you get rid of any buildup but you are also preventing dirt and debris from clogging your pores.
- It evens out your skin tone. We all have experienced uneven skin tone at one point in our lives and we know its effects on our self- confidence. Truth be told, many of us haven’t even considered exfoliating as part of the solution to bring back our natural skin tone. What’s great about exfoliating is that it not only removes dead skin but it also helps remove any dirt and debris from the skin care products that we are using to reveal brighter looking skin.
- It can reduce acne breakouts. Is your skin prone to acne breakouts? Well, there are several factors that can cause acne to pop out at the wrong moment such as stress, unhealthy diet, sleeping late, and even hormonal changes. Of course, clogged pores can also be a culprit for acne to crop up which is why exfoliating is highly recommended. Exfoliating can get rid of those stubborn debris and dirt that are clogging your pores to help minimize acne breakouts.