Losing weight is necessary especially when our weight is bordering to overweight but rapidly losing muscle mass can result to loose skin. This is because our skin cannot adjust to the changes to our body as quickly as possible hence the loose skin. Your age plays a huge role on the elasticity of your skin which is why it is important that you pay attention to your skin as you start to lose weight.
The best way to prevent loose skin while you are losing weight is to follow these tips.
- Start slow. If you want to prevent loose skin while you are losing weight, you should take things slow. When you speed up your weight loss, you can loose more than just muscle fat. Keep in mind that the supportive tissues that keep your skin taut may be affected too when you lose weight fast. It is better to lose 1 to 2 pounds per week so that your skin will be able to keep up.
- Keep an eye on your weight loss. It’s important that you monitor your weight loss and your skin condition so you will know that they are working in harmony. Make sure that you give your body time to adjust to the weight loss that you are undergoing so you won’t have to deal with loose skin.
- Drink enough water. Another trick to keeping your skin supple and taut is to drink water a lot. Think 8 to 10 glasses of water per day or more if you are constantly sweating. The reason behind this is that your skin will remain hydrated which allows it to be more flexible. Another plus to drinking water is that it will help you lose weight too because it keeps your stomach full. This will prevent you from eating more than is necessary so you will see better results.
- Don’t forget to moisturize. You shouldn’t forget to moisturize your skin as this will stop your skin from becoming loose. It is always a good idea to look for moisturizing products that contain vitamin E as it will help repair your damaged skin. If you are wondering which is the best option, try coconut oil as it has plenty of vitamin E and other important nutrients that help tighten your sagging skin.
- Sea salt scrubs. If you want to avoid loose skin when you are trying to lose weight you will need to increase the amount of blood flowing in your body and what better way to do this than to use sea salt scrubs? Sea salt contains bromide which actually has a soothing effect on the skin. Choose sea salt that has fine texture to avoid damaging your skin.
These are just a few tips on how you can prevent loose skin when you want to lose weight. By caring for your skin, you will be able to keep it smooth and taut while losing weight.