Waist training is becoming a beauty trend lately as famous actresses flaunt their curves with the help of wearing a corset. Many are jumping the bandwagon while others are still of two minds as to the benefits of wearing a waist trainer underneath their clothes. Truth be told, corset has been worn by women for centuries and it is only for the past decade or so that it’s slowly going back into the limelight to achieve a curvier figure. But before you try this out, understanding the pros and cons can help you decide better.
The Pros of Corset Training
What advantages does wearing a corset can give you? Here are some to take note of.
- Hour glass figure. Achieving an hour glass figure is one of the advantages of wearing a corset. The corset cinches your midsection putting emphasis on your bust and your hips.
- Weight loss. Another advantage to wearing a waist trainer or corset is that it can help you with your weight loss goals. Wearing one while you eat actually prevents you from eating more than is necessary because there is no room in your stomach for second helpings.
- Boosts confidence. Those who have worn corsets before actually felt much more confident about themselves especially when they see their waist line become smaller than before. This isn’t surprising as the weight trainer compresses your midsection tightly giving you that small waist effect.
- Improves posture. Another plus to wearing corset is that it can push you to sit or stand properly. This may be a bit difficult at first especially when you’re used to slouching but once you get the hang of wearing a corset, you’ll notice that you’ll become used to sitting straight in your desk which can minimize aches and pains in your back.
Although there are many benefits linked to wearing a corset or waist trainer, there are also some disadvantages to take into consideration such as:
- Can be uncomfortable. One disadvantage to wearing a corset is that it can be a bit uncomfortable especially when you’re wearing one for the first time. The tightness in your midsection can cause you to be short of breath which can trigger fainting spells if you’re wearing one too tight.
- It can get hot. Most women who wear corset often complain about feeling hot. This is due to the quality of the waist trainer that they are using plus the rising temperature when they’re out and about. If you are not too careful, you might be sweating quite a lot which can mean dehydration.
- Can trigger acid reflux. Wearing a tight corset can also cause acid reflux to occur. This is due to the fact that your stomach, intestines, and esophagus are smooched together causing acid to rise up.
Although there are many benefits to wearing a waist trainer, it is important that you weigh the cons too. This way, you will be able to determine whether you are ready to test this accessory or not.