Dandruff is not only an embarrassing problem, but an uncomfortable one, too. Not only does it leave white flakes all over which can be very noticeable if you are wearing a black top, but also make your scalp feel really, really itchy.
While there are tons of anti-dandruff shampoos on the current market, many of them do not work. In fact, some of the said products may only make the problem worse — the harsh chemicals they contain can irritate the scalp.
Besides, there are a variety of things that can cause dandruff to strike, so it’s important to identify the root cause so that you may be able to choose the perfect anti-dandruff shampoo for it, if such indeed exists!
Seborrheic dermatitis, excessive scalp dryness, too much scalp oil production, mental stress, poor diet — these are some of the things that can cause dandruff, say experts themselves.
Fortunately, there are so many different home remedies available for dandruff, and a lot of them are available at your local grocery store. Apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and olive oil are said to be some of the best solutions.
Then you can also whip up your very own anti-dandruff shampoo using all-natural ingredients only. While it’s true that you have to get your hands on a bunch of ingredients, you can rest assured that the finished product will work!
Besides, your heart can be filled with joy and pride knowing that your annoying scalp and hair problem was controlled by a shampoo that you made from scratch with your very own hands.
So without further ado, here’s how to come up with a homemade anti-dandruff shampoo that relies on some all-natural ingredients yet proven to work more effectively than any anti-dandruff shampoo on the current market:
- 1 400-ml can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of distilled water
- 1/2 cup of castile soap (liquid)
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds (ground)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of raw and organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of virgin coconut oil
- 20 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 15 drops of tea tree oil
- In a small mixing bowl, combine coconut milk, virgin coconut oil and liquid castile soap. Mix all of these ingredients very well using a whisk.
- Mix in baking soda, raw and organic apple cider vinegar and distilled water.
- Whisk in ground fenugreek seeds, too.
- After thoroughly mixing the ingredients, add 20 drops of rosemary essential oil and 15 drops of tea tree oil. Thoroughly mix everything with a whisk.
- Transfer the mixture into a clean plastic bottle with a cap or pump.
That’s the recipe for an all-natural anti-dandruff shampoo that will surely deliver, unlike a commercially-available counterpart containing harsh ingredients and offers no guarantee that it will work effectively.
Each of the ingredients brings something to the table. For instance, virgin coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil boast of superb antifungal properties, making them effective remedies for dandruff.
On the other hand, coconut milk nourishes the scalp and makes your hair strong, soft and shiny. In other words, it makes your mane gorgeous as your homemade shampoo combats dandruff naturally!
By the way, your homemade anti-dandruff shampoo is good for 20 to 30 uses, depending on how long and thick your hair is, as well as the severity of your dandruff.
Your homemade all-natural anti-dandruff shampoo should be used every other day. Make sure that you do give the bottle a good shake before you place some of its contents on the palm of your hand.
Some people may develop mild allergic reactions to certain essential oils. Just in case you notice something unfavorable after using this homemade shampoo, discontinue use.