Snoring affects a lot of people with its symptom ranging from mild to severe. There are several factors that can trigger snoring and some of these are stress, fatigue, and sleep apnea. Regardless of what causes snoring to occur, you are not the only one who will be affected by it if you are the one who snores. Your partner and even the rest of the family will certainly get some sleepless nights especially when you snore so loud.
If you are already bothered by your severe snoring and would like to reduce it as much as possible, you might want to try treating it with some essential oils like the ones below.
- Lavender essential oil. This is a no-brainer really as lavender is known for its soothing and calming properties. What’s more, it also has an anti-spasmodic property which can help clear up your airwaves. There are some people who swear by lavender in keeping snoring at bay so it might be worth trying out.
- Eucalyptus essential oil. Another essential oil that is a must try when you snore, eucalyptus has analgesic, antiseptic, and antispasmodic properties that are useful when it comes to treating various breathing problems. Eucalyptus oil is usually used in treating asthma, sinusitis, bronchitis, and coughs, including snoring as well. It can be applied directly on to the skin or mixed with other essential oils.
- Marjoram essential oil. You should also consider using marjoram in treating your snoring problem as it has often been used to address various breathing problems including sleep apnea and snoring. If you are going to look at snoring home remedies, you will find that most of them use this essential oil.
How will you use these essential oils to help alleviate your snoring? Try these steps out.
- Gargle solution. One way to use these essential oils for your snoring woes is to gargle them. Add 2 to 3 drops of the essentail oil of your choosing in a glass of water and gargle it. Make sure that you don’t swallow the water. You should do this before going to bed to lessen your snoring or stop it completely.
- Topical application. You can also apply your snoring treatment topically or directly on your skin. There are some essential oils that need to be mixed with a carrier oil to avoid causing rashes on your skin. Mix equal parts of your choice of essential oil with a carrier oil before massaging on your chest, neck, and shoulders. Inhale deeply as you prepare to sleep.
- Diffuse. Another way to use these essential oils when trying to keep snoring at bay is to diffuse the scent in your sleeping area. There are many diffusers being sold today and most of them are inexpensive. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oils to the diffuser and inhale the scent to clear up our airways and to get a good night’s sleep. This is worth trying out if you want to alleviate your snoring woes.