Women often wear makeup whenever they step outside their home because they want to look and feel good about themselves. It doesn’t matter whether they wear something light to achieve a natural look or show off their darkly, glamorous side, removing the colors on their face at the end of the day is always a must. Most have their makeup remover on hand but if you are looking for an alternative to all those chemically laden beauty products that you are using, here are some natural makeup removers that you can try.
- Olive oil. Who would have thought that you can actually find a makeup remover right in your own kitchen? Olive oil is one of the best oils that you can use to remove all the impurities left on your skin including makeup. And you know what’s even better? Olive oil can be used on different types of skin such as dry and sensitive.
- Baby oil. If you’ve run out of olive oil, which is a bummer by the way, you can always use baby oil to remove your makeup particularly your mascara. We all know how difficult removing mascara can be but with a little help from a cotton ball dipped in baby oil, you will be able to remove it with ease. Just don’t forget to wipe your face with a wet washcloth to remove excess oil afterwards.
- Jojoba oil. What’s great about jojoba oil, when used as a makeup remover, is that it can provide protection while soothing your skin. Not only that, but it can also get rid of any impurities that might be lingering in the pores of your skin as you remove your makeup. You can combine this oil with almond oil to remove makeup in sensitive parts of your face such as your eyes.
- Chap stick. Chap sticks are not just for keeping your lips moist but they can also be used to remove your eye makeup. To use this unusual makeup remover, simply apply a small amount on the area that you wish to clean and wipe your makeup off with a cotton ball. For sure you will be surprised on how easy it is to remove your eye makeup with this technique.
- Aloe vera. Another technique that you can use to remove your makeup is to use aloe vera. Aloe vera is well known for its numerous health benefits so it shouldn’t be too surprising to find that it can also help remove your makeup. Get the juice or pulp of the aloe vera plant and mix it with some olive oil before applying on your face. Wipe your makeup off with cotton ball afterwards then wash your face to remove any excess oil.
- Steam. What other natural techniques can you use to remove makeup? How about some steam? Steam is actually effective when it comes to removing makeup as it opens up the pores on your skin to remove debris, dust, and makeup. Just fill a basin with some hot water and position your face above it so that the steam will rise up directly onto your skin. Wipe your face afterwards to remove makeup and other impurities.
- Milk. Why use makeup remover containing milk when you can use the real thing? Dip cotton balls in milk and use them to wipe off your makeup.
These are just a few natural techniques that you can use to remove your makeup without worrying about harsh chemicals ruining your skin. The best part is that these makeup removers can be found easily and at cheaper prices as well.