Most of us have been raised drinking milk to help us grow taller and healthier. Now that we’re all grown up, milk also plays a role in the kitchen where we use it to make healthy meals and desserts for the family. But did you know that milk has other roles to play in your life? Another way for you to use milk is to nourish your skin.
Milk has been used for centuries to care for one’s skin which is why many beauty and skin care products that we’re using nowadays have milk as one of their ingredients. What benefits can your skin reap from milk? Here are five benefits that you should know about.
- It’s good for your complexion. If you feel that your complexion needs help, applying raw milk to your face and neck and allowing it to soak for ten minutes can make your skin feel softer and fairer in no time. You can even make a face pack by combining 1 tablespoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of milk, and a tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix the ingredients and apply on your clean skin and leave it on for 10 minutes. This works as a mild bleaching agent for your skin.
- It can moisturize your skin. Dry skin often happens during winter so why not give it some nourishment with milk? Milk contains lactic acid, as well as vitamins A and D which are the ones responsible for making your skin feel soft. You can do this by adding half a cup of honey on running water as you fill your tub with it then add 2 cups of warm whole milk before soaking your body. This will help soothe and moisturize even the driest skin.
- It’s a great cleanser. Another benefit that you can get from milk is that it works perfectly as a cleanser. All that you have to do is to soak a cotton ball in a cup of raw milk and apply it on your face and neck. Leave this on for 5 minutes then rinse your face afterwards. Do this regularly and you will be rewarded with clean skin not just on the outside but on the inside as well. If you want to achieve fair skin, add two slices of papaya to your milk then blend. Apply the mixture on your face and neck and leave it on for a few minutes. Rinse afterwards with cold water to reveal smooth and soft skin.
- It can be used as an eye gel. You don’t need cucumber to reduce the puffiness around your eyes all the time because cold whole milk can deliver the same effects. Simply dip cotton balls into cold whole milk, wring them out, then place over your lids.
- It soothes your skin. Milk is also useful when it comes to soothing the skin especially when you have skin rashes, or other skin irritations. Simply apply some milk on the affected area to help reduce the inflammation.