Most eye creams can leave a massive hole in the pockets of consumers with average shopping budgets. Did you know that you can make your own from scratch using only a couple of ingredients that you can easily get at your local pharmacy or supermarket? Now you don’t have to end up broke just to make your peepers traffic-stoppers!
Before we take a look at the recipe, let’s first shed light on the question that are very much likely lurking in the minds of many women: is it really that important to use an eye cream?
An eye cream is basically just a moisturizing product. We all know the importance of keeping your skin moisturized — it’s one of the most crucial steps to take if you want to stave off the formation of fine lines and wrinkles, or have the appearance of already-present ones improved. No matter if your skin is normal, dry, oily or combination, moisturizing is a part of a daily regimen that no beauty-conscious woman should dare leave out!
The area around your eyes is sensitive. It’s exactly for this reason why it’s where the signs of aging tend to appear first. It is also for the same reason why the moisturizer for it should be gentler than what you use for the rest of your face.
If you think that you should start using an eye cream only when you begin to notice some fine lines and wrinkles around the eye area, think again. According to beauty experts, eye cream application should be done in your mid to late 20s in order to delay the appearance of aging signs, which tend to start appearing in your 30s.
Lots of eye creams these days contain all sorts of fancy ingredients, and their respective manufacturers making all sorts of claims and promises. Because of all these things, eye creams usually cost a fortune. Enter a two-ingredient homemade eye cream that you can whip up in a snap!
Because it contains only a couple of ingredients, you can rest assured that this DIY eye cream is devoid of anything that can do more harm than good. One of the things that graces the packaging or inserts of today’s eye creams is the list of side effects to watch out for. With this homemade eye cream, you should not worry about anything because it contains all-natural ingredients only — no very questionable chemicals created in a science laboratory!
Here’s the recipe:
- 6 to 8 soft gel capsules of vitamin E
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (organic)
- What we need to do first is turn your solid organic coconut oil into liquid. To do this, place it in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave for about 10 to 15 seconds, or until completely liquid.
- Grab a small container where you would like to store your DIY all-natural eye cream. Pour the liquefied organic coconut oil in it.
- Prick a hole on a soft gel capsule of vitamin E with a clean needle. Squeeze the sticky liquid inside into the container with your liquefied organic coconut oil. Do the same with the rest of the soft gel capsules.
- Do stir very well the liquefied organic coconut oil as you add vitamin E into it.
- Cover the container and stash in the refrigerator for several minutes in order to make your homemade eye cream solid. Once solid, take it out of the fridge. There is no need to keep the container in the refrigerator after.
That’s how cheap and trouble-free it is to come up with an eye cream that really works! The best time to apply it around your peepers is just before you hit the sack. This will give your DIY eye cream plenty of time to moisture and revitalize the area around your peepers. It’s also a great idea to apply a little of it in the morning, but do let the product become fully absorbed before you put on your makeup.