Recently, women are seemingly enjoying oil cleansing as a means to get rid of any impurities on their skin as it is relatively cheaper than other cleaning products out there. Going natural is fast becoming the theme in the beauty industry which is why using jojoba, coconut, almond, and olive oil are now touted as one of the best and cheapest ways to nurture one’s skin.
For those who are not yet familiar with oil cleansing, it is basically a beauty routine where you use natural oils to remove make up and dirt from your skin to help cleanse it and bring balance back to your skin after being constantly exposed to the environment. As a matter of fact, there are numerous benefits to be gained when you do oil cleansing and among these are:
- It gets rid of dirt. The oil actually binds with the dirt on your skin so that it’s easier to remove them afterwards. Dirt and bacteria often clog our pores which is one of the reasons why acne breakouts occur.
- It works on all skin types. Another plus to oil cleansing is that it can work on all types of skin whether you are neutral, dry, or oily. If you are prone to acne or blackheads, massaging the oil cleanser into your skin and using a washcloth or brush on your skin can help soften the dirt so that it will be easier to remove them.
- It slows down aging. Using plant based oils like coconut, olive, and almond oil on your skin can deliver plenty of antioxidants that can combat free radicals that are causing damage to your skin cells. In return, the antioxidants deliver plenty of vitamins that can help bring back the natural glow of your skin.
- It can protect you against UV damage. Another advantage to using oil cleanse is that it can help provide protection to your skin against possible damage due to prolonged exposure to the sun. Although soaking up sunlight can help prompt our body to produce vitamin D, too much of it can actually cause skin damage and speed up the aging process too. Slathering oil on your skin not only helps cleanse it but it can provide a layer of protection so that when you step outside your home, there will be a barrier between your skin and the sun.
- It can treat acne. One reason why your skin breaks out in acne is because your pores become clogged with oil, dirt, and other impurities that have been absorbed by your skin from the makeup that you wear to the wind that blows through your skin and your sweat too. Oil cleansing can remove all those debris on your pores so that they will not become inflamed. This reduces acne breakouts.
In order to use oil cleansing properly, you need to learn the correct ratio for your oils. This way, you will be able to get the most out of your cleanse to reveal healthy looking skin.